• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whooo-Ha

Hey DD, That is looking real SWEET!

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
      Here is my bed on the '52 B-3 with white oak finished with marine spar varnish, and stainless strips from Mar-K
      Jumpin Joe Smith !
      I dont want my bed to look that good . I would be afraid to use it .
      I figure to get it in and do a nice as I can job. I haul my dogs around a lot and they would make a mess of that fine job in short order. Plus they would slide around.
      Off the post a bit but my wife and I both have the same exact kind of cars. We both have ford station wagons( now they call them "CROSS OVERS") But hers is clean and neat and gets used for hauling food. Mine is a disaster area of dog hair and smudged up windows that no one in their right mind wants to get into because of the dog smell and wads of hair. I figure it is theft proof. Any self respecting thief would bail out as soon as they got in.
      I will take better care of the M37 as it is my baby and special, the car,,,its just a car.
      Super job on that bed , wheewee.
      I was thinking of posting a photo of my bed but not now after seeing yours. Of course I could say "it's not finished yet Ha Ha Ha "

Comment

Thanks Bruce,
        And, Kaiser, you are right, it is a very nice bed. No manure or gravel hauling for this truck!
        I plan on making my M37 more of a daily driver and hauler when I start that project. THe civilian PW is more of a show truck I guess. I am going to drive it and occasionally go on trails but no rough stuff.
        I may get another pw and make a swivel frame out of it, now that repro swivel mechanisms are available. That truck would be more "rough" as far as what it did.

Comment

Down the road from us near town there is a PW sitting in front of a car repair shop. It is in need of some TLC.
          It is in original condition with no mods.
          It has been there about three months.
          Today I noticed a big cardboard sign in the front window.
          The sign says with large letters , NO !
          I will try to load a photo of it if I can . I guess the owner is tired of people asking to buy it.

Comment

Doc!

My stars Doc! That is phenomenal. Nice job! I must admit, I have a little bed envy. On the other hand, at least I'm not afraid to use my bed for stuff. I would be terrified of getting so much as a drop of water on that one.

Ha, funny stuff Kaiser. Poor guy probably had 10 inquiries a day.

The resurrection of this thread has brought back a ton of memories. If anyone wants to see the project, here is a progression of the work:

http://www.myspace.com/1953m37

Professional, no...learning experience, yes...heckuva lot of fun, you better believe it.

Comment

great photos

the Gulf sign and the M37 brings back memories of Jonathan Winters destroying the shack.
              The last pic with the red georgia clay/mud on the tires reminds me of the movie"My cousin Vinnie" when he gets his big old Caddy stuck in the red mud.

Comment

I hope this photo shows up. It should be of a PW that is sitting down the road from me . The sign in the window speaks volumes.

Comment

Ha-ha

What a kill-joy!

Comment

I like the reference to the film My Cousin Vinny, one of my favorite flicks. This film also reminds me of the red clay of Georgia. I spent four years in Athens, a really nice town and beautiful campus there (UGA).
                    Some of my ancestors lived outside of Macon, in Jeffersonville, Ga, I see that you, J Stinson, live over by Columbus.

Comment

You got it

I live in Junction City, which is about 40 miles east of Columbus. Red mud is vicious stuff, get stuck in it and you're seriously stuck. Having said that, I can't get the M37 stuck no matter what I do.

Looks like I'll be moving to the Northern Virginia area pretty soon though. I'll miss the mud.

Comment

Nfs

How far North, if you get lonely we have red clay, almost as good as Georgia Red.
                        I have a friend that is the head of the Bulldogs Equine Program.

Comment

I never got involved with RED CLAY.
                          Up here in North Central Pa. we have Gray Clay. It seems to have three distinct forms.
                          (a) if it is real wet it makes the best lubricant you can think of ,Zero traction
                          (b) sort of wet it sticks to everything in huge globs and wont come off
                          (c) if it is dry it is like cement and you need a jack hammer to remove it.

Comment

[QUOTE=JLooks like I'll be moving to the Northern Virginia area pretty soon though. I'll miss the mud.[/QUOTE]

If you think Atlanta has bad traffic, wait till you live in northern Virginia!
                            My family lives up there except for me in southern Maryland and my brother who lives on the south side of Richmond, VA.

Comment

Working...
                            X