Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct engine heat atvantage

It may look drafty now Norm,
    But in Canada we do that to collect the heat from the engine, this way your feet stay warm, trust me up here we can use all the heat we can get.
    It is also been used to gauge water levels when you break through the ice in the spring for those of us that still prefer analog over digital gauges.

Comment

• Ha! Ha! Ha!!

Comment

• How Gullable Do

You think we are? Good one Jake, nice custom work too.
        ;~)

Comment

• JAKE, we have a problem , look at this

I have found us a parts truck .
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=gOiF26cc7so&feature=related
          You get to find out where it is .
          I WANT THAT TAILGATE.
          Oh poop I found 2 more carryalls.
          Jake we have the mother load here (nasty music with this video)
          http://www.youtube.com/user/RatmotorMike

way fun video and carryall related

but in Ontario ......

Comment

• Wowsers Bruce,
            You must have spent hours looking for that stuff.
            Are we doing a cross country parts run?

Comment

• Drive to Ontario ?

If it was in northern B.C. I bet you we would both be up for a banzai run. But Ontario ? I would be pretty darn cranky by the time I got into Alberta and in some sort of manic , vegetative state by the time we reached the next province .
              It is hard to tell the condition of what remains of the Carryalls. If they were closer it would be worth our time to drag them home . Side window frames and small parts could go to good use and that tailgate looks salvagable.
              The green carryall looks like a military vehicle . I could not figure out if it was a flat fender or not .
              I pulled my engine yesterday and spent the day working on the firewall . I may get the firewall done this week and can then go back to the half finished trans hump . Weld , fit , tack , grind , file . now do this 200 times in a row . Change safety gear between each task .

later
              Bruce

Comment

• Cannonball run

Bruce,

Maybe we can get sponsored by a corporation or two and make a documentary for the discovery channel?
                We can invite a few adventuresome Power Wagon fanatics and have a convoy that stretches from your shop right across the country...
                Maybe not...

Comment

• There is a very decent looking PW in one of those videos

Look at the video OLD YARD TOUR by the same guy . In the beginning shot is a very good looking PW with snow blade and what looks like a box and combat rims . You need to stop the video the shot is that short .
                  In the same video there is a carryall at 3.04 and a PW at 6.04 and a panel flipped on it's side is in there too but I did not record at what point .

Almost finished grinding down the welds . There will be photos tomorrow.

take care

Bruce

Comment

• The only one in the whole wide world

How does this look ? My daughter took this shot as we were leaving , She "needs" the camera . I have cut the bottom off the exhaust dent and finished the welds since the shot was taken .
                    AND heck if my last weld did not pull the bottom of the firewall in enough to line everything up .
                    i smell another PWA article in the works.

take care
                    Bruce
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by jbell View Post
                      ambec, Where are you at in MO? I'm just across the river from St. Louis...........John
                      Hi, John, Only about two hours from you. Straight shot down I-55 to 67S then a turn on 34W about 9 miles between Patterson and Piedmont. Have moved all the vehicles there, GPW, M38, M38A1, 3-M37s, WC53 and the Brute M52A2. Of course, except for the Brute, they all got watered good when the 3 and a half feet of water went through the barn the Tue before Easter. Still in the process, will be up there all week this next week seeing what all I can get running again.
                      Cheers..Eric

Comment

• frankenfloor part deux

A progress report or nonprogress report .

I got the drivers side lower lip bent, welded in and ground down . It more or less looks factory or at least it does not look like a parcel van dog house . The original PTO hump keeps the original flavour but now clears the shifter for the front transfercase .The passenger side is partialy complete and now I have to design the rear of the hump . The hump will need a flat spot to support the shifter boots for the doubler shifter on the NP205 .
                        Off to the interior this weekend and hope to meet up with Jake and tour his Power Wagon Emporium .
                        Considering that taxes are due and marks are due and I am doing the road warrior thing , the next two weeks are a write off for Carryall time.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Whereabouts in Ontario?

Originally posted by Bruce in BC View Post
                          If it was in northern B.C. I bet you we would both be up for a banzai run. But Ontario ? I would be pretty darn cranky by the time I got into Alberta and in some sort of manic , vegetative state by the time we reached the next province .
                          It is hard to tell the condition of what remains of the Carryalls. If they were closer it would be worth our time to drag them home . Side window frames and small parts could go to good use and that tailgate looks salvagable.
                          The green carryall looks like a military vehicle . I could not figure out if it was a flat fender or not .
                          I pulled my engine yesterday and spent the day working on the firewall . I may get the firewall done this week and can then go back to the half finished trans hump . Weld , fit , tack , grind , file . now do this 200 times in a row . Change safety gear between each task .

later
                          Bruce
                          Hey Bruce, where in ontario is this guy? if he's close by i could check out his yard and take some better pictures, unless he doesnt like strangers wandering around his prize-possessions :)

Comment

• I think we are talking Nobel Ontario

Not sure but one yard that has some stuff is Joe Miles . 705-342-1546 which is in Nobel Ontario.
                            I emailed the guy who put out the videos and he says that the truck with the tailgate has been sitting on private property for years . The other 2 carryalls are tucked away in a seldom used yard or abandoned yard . Joes does have a tanker truck that may yield some good parts.

Have fun looking
                            and keep us posted

Bruce

Comment

• Carryall work

Hey Bruce
                              Just what are you doing to your Carryall, obviously from the pictures you are fitting non standard engine and gearbox but what else and why? By the way do you know of anyone that may have a good T215 block as I have found out the block in mine is from a 1936 Dodge Truck
                              Cheers
                              Rob

Comment

• Hey Rob , I just got in from a parts trip .

The Carryall is going to be used as a "expedition " vehicle . I plan on using it pretty much every weekend to go hiking , for personal trips , prospecting and as an access / gear vehicle for the odd difficult rescue.
                                With this in mind I came up with a rough plan for what I thought would be a quick build and a reliable vehicle .

Motor - Cummins 4bt diesel
                                trans - NV4500
                                Transfer cases - NP205 and a cut down late model NP241 . (klune or Blackbox )
                                axles - Dana 60 front dana 70 rear with ARB lockers and a complete referbish
                                tires - michellin XZLs
                                Lots of other stuff is planned but I am a long way from getting there .
                                Build a new tailgate , fix the roof , wipers , winch , cross steering , ram assist , on board air , on board welder , beadlocks .
                                All this and have the truck look more or less stock , at least to 99% of the great unwashed .

take care

Bruce

Motors ? I have not got a clue . Vintage car club of canada and your local military vehicle club should find you a block PDQ . There was a lot of rotting Dodges in the videos I had links to up thread . The guy has about 15 videos that look at old wrecks in Ontario .

Comment

Working...
                                X