The WC53 Carryall thread .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gillespie = Good

I used the same paint, but added a hardener....
    Attached Files

Comment

• Im no paint expert. Why would i want (or not) to add hardener? I just thinned and shot it

Comment

• Looks great. It sure has come a long way.

Comment

• Gillespie Coatings

Originally posted by mcinfantry View Post
          Im no paint expert. Why would i want (or not) to add hardener? I just thinned and shot it
          Quick dry time, tacked in less than two hours. I also am no expert, but the advice I got called for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce View Post
            Quick dry time, tacked in less than two hours. I also am no expert, but the advice I got called for it.
            Interesting, i may try it. Does it change the color any?

Comment

• paint hardener is not friendly to use

Paint hardener causes the molecules in the paint to cross link and creates a tougher paint . It also helps hold the gloss and the paint will last longer . The down side is the stuff is basically poison . Look up icocynates or Bhopal to get an idea of what this stuff can do and it's long term health effects . Even when dry the stuff is dangerous if you do not wear the proper gear when sanding . The stuff will be banned as soon as they can find an alternative .

Bruce in BC

Comment

• im going to have to paint my GM 8-lug 'combat wheels'. i found a replacement to my chevy 8lug ones...

this is NOT mine, but same wheels. i have to machine the inside to clear the dodge front hub..... and blast and paint them!

8 lug aluminum double beadlock. 16x8. they have about 3.8 LESS backspace than the previous ones.

Comment

• Much Caution

Originally posted by mcinfantry View Post
                  Interesting, i may try it. Does it change the color any?
                  The caution thing is real, I use a full face mask, all of my paint learning has come from Bill Wincapaw, aka; M-Thrax, he has quite a few vehicles under his belt, he's also been very patient w/me.
                  BTW, The gloss works for me, the finish is quite hard/durable.

Comment

• I painted mine with a brand new 3m respirator. I will not be doing that again without the full face. I plan on waiting until I can paint with the garage doors open and fans running. I don't think I inhaled much if any, but just the contact with the air on the skin, totally screwed me up. It was like a mild chemical burn.
                    Lee, those are great looking wheels, will you share the source?
                    Thanks
                    Garrett

Comment

• Originally posted by gmayer View Post
                      I painted mine with a brand new 3m respirator. I will not be doing that again without the full face. I plan on waiting until I can paint with the garage doors open and fans running. I don't think I inhaled much if any, but just the contact with the air on the skin, totally screwed me up. It was like a mild chemical burn.
                      Lee, those are great looking wheels, will you share the source?
                      Thanks
                      Garrett
                      these make the michelins shorter and wider (8 in rim) from 38 1/4 to 37.5
                      they REALLY fill up the track width a lot better
                      http://gallery.me.com/ltalessi#100547

the rims are 600 ~1000 used for 4 to 5. they were a one-time run for the US border patrol. they didnt like them so they sold them all at auction.
                      click the link, the new rims are on the drivers side......
                      http://gallery.me.com/ltalessi#100547

Comment

• I wanted a set of those bead locks .

Saw a bunch on ebay for awhile and have not seen any since . I figured they would be perfect on the carryall . The cost was 800 bucks at the time . I was scared of what the shipping might cost .

Bruce

Do you have a source for more ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce in BC View Post
                          Saw a bunch on ebay for awhile and have not seen any since . I figured they would be perfect on the carryall . The cost was 800 bucks at the time . I was scared of what the shipping might cost .

Bruce

Do you have a source for more ?
                          i never saw ONE. lol. (i missed them) but, i will say this. hindsite being 20/20, i wish i had seen them. and i will try and look for more.....

i found five on craigslist for less than that, delivered to me from tuscon!

they were a special run. none are for sale via hutchinson.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9iciC8t3rI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUNjTjfXJzg

Comment

• great shots and fun to watch .

I love to hear that engine running.

Comment

• According to the guys at the farm 2 32hp tractors wouldn't move the barn. It took a ford 9000 to move it.... They didn't believe I did, much less that easy

Comment

Working...
                                X