Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purty Kool!

Comment

• It's amazing what torque and traction will do.
      I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
      Will
      WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
      1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
      1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
      1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
      2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

• Finally....

I finally got the deal on this truck, I've been trying for 4 years to buy it and now The guy that owns it is ready to sell it.
        It is a 1941 WC Panel with a civilian body from the cowl back. The cool thing is that it runs and has local history.
        Last edited by Jake; 04-08-2010, 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• But jake there is no pictures

We need pictures to feed our tiny little brains . love to see a couple of shots and a panel is close enough to make it on this thread .

Bruce

Comment

• 1941 WC Panel

Of course what was I thinking...
            Hre is a picture.
            Attached Files

Comment

• One more pic.
              Attached Files

Comment

• 42 3/4 ton

heres my 42 3/4 ton. havent figgured out what im going to do with her quite yet. gotta finish pu truck first!

Comment

• Toss us some more shots

That puppy looks real sweet . Not much rust and it looks straight too .
                  very nice find .
                  thanks for sharing and welcome aboard .

Bruce

Comment

• 43 3/4 carry all air cleaner

this ol dog is missing the air cleaner. it looks like the intake is on the side of the carburator. Would that be correct? Hope so.... does anyone have a correct air cleaner for this set up or a picture of one so i know what im looking for?

Comment

• Sounds like a carb off a M37, can you post a pic of it?

Comment

• Finally got my side windows done, as on most, the bottoms were really shot, but had a good window guy that redid the channels. Be installing them this coming weekend. Finally got the clutch unstuck from the flood. Ended up taking the bolts out of the pressure plate, very gently got the disk loose and was able to work some blaster in the clutch yoke. Got it all together, kicked it off and the clutch worked fine
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Three door converted military Carryalls

I've seen a few images of what look to be three-door Carryalls, and I know Jeff Chester has one in his truck pile. Jeff ran across this ad, courtesy of Roy Roberson, and I thought it was worth posting here. source = MOTOR TRANSPORTATION SEPTEMBER 1942

Note that this lot, at least, were converted specifically for the military, and I assume the third door conversion was pretty similar to that used on the WC53 Specials.

Comment

• Where did the exhaust exit on a stock WC53 ?

In front of the rear wheel , behind the rear wheel or did it dump out the back with the exhaust tube under the fuel tank ?
                            too quiet on this forum lately
                            Bruce

My vote is for under the battery box and in front of the rear wheel .

Comment

• Have to go with your vote, Bruce. That is where mine hooks up and has never been changed out. Cheers

Comment

• Carryalls, 4 x 4 and 4 x 2

4x4 Carryalls had the exhaust exit in front of the right rear wheel, half and 3/4 ton.

4 x 2 Carryalls like the WC36 and WC48 had a full length exhaust exiting right rear, with the over-the-axle kink.

At least they did on the three that I had of both configurations.

Comment

Working...
                                X