The WC53 Carryall thread .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion is great

I have been looking at staionary pieces for too long. It's great to see your rig moving. I bet it's a real joy looking out the front, instead of looking in. Great job it gives us all some more motivation.

Comment

• I have 2000 miles on it. Every day I try and fix something that does not work or integrate like I want and finish up a little more interior or rust spot.....

I'm going to need wipers soon....

Comment

• Reference post 740
        my rag joint failed in the driveway after 1000 feet of test driving. I guess I'll have to go to a slip joint. Anyone have any sugestions? Seems like I had pressure to the steering box, but then it seemed to go away. Still working on towing it back up the driveway. Note, make sure to finish E-brake before testing. It's hard to get it up the driveway by yourself without it. It seems that I have no PS pump pressure now. I heard a loud whine followed by a bang during my test run, but everything else seemed to be fine.

Comment

• Well,I'm currently working on windows and seats. I put s10 bench seat in the front, and going to put s10 buckets in the middlesoyou. Can walk through them to get to the rear. I'm going to re-cover them.... I'm leaning towards green canvas. I have to put the window pans back in too.... Then finish the headliner.

I decided yesterday to address the transmission hump. I put jute padding with foil on the underside, a layer of closed Dell foam on the top, and leather on top of that.

Comment

• lee, looking great. I am jealous that you have been driving for 2,000 miles. That is phenomenal. Didn't you have a brand new engine? Was the issue with the exhaust valve, or the injection pump?
            Garrett

Comment

• Numerous things. Bent valve in #3.
              had injectors tested 3 times by two completely different shops and watched them test them.
              Swapped injector pump, picked up a surging idle with the 'miss'

Had a completely different set of injectors rebuilt local. No help.

Surging idle came from a one in a million failed stud inside the pump. Put the old pump back on, and still had a miss.

Bought cummins reman injectors FROM cummins. That fixed it all.

Comment

• It's on rubber

Well I got it on rubber a month sooner than my goal. I have blasted, primed, and painted every frame part, nut, bolt, washer, brackets, hubs, knuckles, and everything else that could be unbolted. It feels great to turn the steering wheel and have it do something. The front end is completely done, new bearings, cones, seals, bushings, gaskets....done. All wheel hubs have new bearings, races, seals...done. The springs have all new bushings, bolts, nuts, grease....done. I'll move onto the brakes next. Also, now the frame is off the rotissorie, the body will go on this week. So I'll have the engine to do, transfere case, brakes, and the body. I should have a pretty full winter, but I love to do body work. I'm excited for the lead work. Here are a couple pics.

Comment

• A few more pics

Comment

• I just got 2 green leather couches for free

I think the material will work fine to cover the seats . I want to see some pictures of the s10 seats in the Carryall . I have 2 Dodge mini vans seats in the back and they have room to get by . But the front seat has me a bit baffled.
                    Great pictures , thanks for sharing .

Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce in BC View Post
                      I think the material will work fine to cover the seats . I want to see some pictures of the s10 seats in the Carryall . I have 2 Dodge mini vans seats in the back and they have room to get by . But the front seat has me a bit baffled.
                      Great pictures , thanks for sharing .

Bruce
                      You looking for pics of the front? Or middle? I'll mount the middle tomorrow... But front 70/30 bench is in..

Comment

• Front seat

Got both the middle and rear seat figured out . Out looking at the truck today , did nada , busted ribs and a poor attitude about getting at it .

Bruce

Comment

• Take the rest of the day off Bruce! There's always tomorrow.

Comment

• I want to take the top of the rad shroud off ....

To remove the radiator . Looks to be a simple mod ,
                            Weld four nuts into the top piece ,
                            remove the four nutcerts or whatever they are from the bottom sides
                            modify the inner brace a little bit so that the two front bolts will line up.
                            The rear bolts will fit with a long extension run up from under the fender . No modications necessary .
                            This will make removing the front rad very easy and I will not have to move the front clip .

better engineering through desperation

Bruce

Comment

• Pictures from Iowa

Took the truck out for a short drive this afternoon and thought you guys might like these pictures of an Iowa cornfield.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Sweet ride

It's sure nice to see rigs done. Well done. Is that the rig that the top is filled in? Very nice work.
                                James

Comment

Working...
                                X