The WC53 Carryall thread .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is the picture

The picture did not load because of the size.
    Attached Files

Comment

• JAKE!!!!! Where on earth did you score that thing ?

Come on I want to see a mess more shots and a blurb on where that puppy came from. That thing is way too cool .

Update on my build
      After 3 weeks or maybe 4 I finally got my seat riser steel .
      First he says "I will have it this after noon "
      Then he says "tomorrow "
      After a week of this I find out he lost my plans .
      Then I give him my side panels and he ends up making the front and back panels from stainless. I did tell him that my side panels were made from junk steel that had some white enamel on the surface. Apparently the stainless has a plastic protective coating that looks just like my scrap metal side panels . He mistook the sides as being stainless in origin.
      I finally got the risers this afternoon . He folded them from 12 guage instead of the 14 guage I asked for .
      I must have dropped by 20 times at least.
      I am starting to tack up my exhaust and am tinkering on the floor.
      I am trying to modify a 1350 cv joint to run at a steeper angle . The stock cv is going to bind with the Carryall suspension under full drop .

take care out there

Bruce

We are sneaking up on 14000 hits.

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

----------------------------------------------------------------------
      1977,78,85,69 Chev 1/2 ton , 3/4 ton one ton corpsemobile
      42 carryall
      26 chrysler
      76 ford P500
      89 honda rolling trash can
      29 packard
      27 field car - more blackberry vines than steel
      First edition Iron man comic
      18 speed mountain bike that breaks down more than it goes.
      + a few more that come and go on any given day

Comment

• WC 26 Carryall picture

Hey Bruce,
        Thanks for asking, here is another picture.
        I could not let you have all the fun working on your old WC, it took a while but I finally got one into my shop where it belongs.
        The plan is to see if we can get this thing roadworthy and leave it at that for a few years before doing a frame up restoration.
        My son Dylan helped me retrieve this one and we wrote the whole thing down into a co-authored story that will be mailed to Gordon along with the pictures, I'll let Gordon decide if the story is worth publishing or not. In the mean time I will try not to divulge all the interesting details of where, when, who, how and why.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Carryall...

Jake... the orange mounts on the front axle gave it away.. I know where you scooped that beauty from... the only question is Did you leave any cool stuff for the rest of us?

Comment

• Oh man now I am really hooked

I want top know the whole fragglin story . I really need a tailgate and a windshield frame and would gladly clean up someone elses mess or "lost interest " project.
            Now Chris lets out that there is a mother load sitting around someplace.

Bruce.
            Got an hour in on the seat support today.

Comment

• Gentlemen....

Gentlemen,

First of all the WC came from a friend that has also been bitten by the Power Wagon bug, and yes Bruce he has quite a stash of old iron. He is a collector and restorer but may not want to much publicity?

Are you still looking for a windshield frame Bruce? Give me call if yo still have my number.

Comment

• Sorry Jake... I didn't know that he was a friend. My brother had been sent some pictures of a couple of other trucks that are in the yard and I saw that WC53 in the background... thought I would head up and ask about it

Comment

• No need to apologize Chris,
                  Anyone that likes old power wagons is a friend of mine and if you live in BC I consider you my neighbor. There is not that many people in the province that are into these trucks so we have to rely on each other to help out with parts and even trucks.

Comment

• Hey Jake and Chris and everyone else

I agree . The fact that Chris knew about Jakes truck is kinda cool and says volumes about how tough it is to hide your stash and perhaps it says even more about how few vehicles are out there. Jake - I will give you a call , perhaps Sunday . I have your number tucked away some place.
                    Chris did you build a truck with 2 trannies and a Willies body ?

Bruce

(edit) make that 2.5 hours on the Carryall today and this is what I managed to create . The closeup shot is the lip for the transmisssion cover to attach to. The lip extends to the inside to provide an attachment point for the transfercase cover. This is the front panel of the seat riser. Why is it that some 400 x 300 images are crystal clear and others appeare pixalated ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce in BC View Post
                      .... Why is it that some 400 x 300 images are crystal clear and others appeare pixalated ?
                      After reviewing the nearly 13,000 photos at the DTA Albums, I've found that the display size at most forums and here, should be a Minimum of 576x384, with an Optimum of 800x533.
                      That is viewing size. However if the original photo quality size is less than either of those sizes, in the original photo shot, the images will appear pixelated when blown up larger than that. Occasionally at those sizes, the viewed photo will be marginal quality, if the camera setting was minimized.
                      At Quality photos sites, such as Image Event, you can always resize down the original for display here, but you cannot enlarge a poor quality original for display without loosing photo quality.
                      Always take your truck shots at the highest quality setting that your camera has. If they are still pixelated when you blow them up, the camera or photo editing software of your photo site is not up to the task.

Comment

• Great photo Norm,
                        and nice work on the metal riser Bruce.
                        I may have a spare windshield frame kicking around on one of the parts trucks out back. I'll have a look for it today and if possible I will post a picture for you.
                        By the way Norm how do you get that cool quote thing attached to your reply?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jake View Post
                          Great photo Norm,
                          I may have a spare windshield frame kicking around on one of the parts trucks out back. I'll have a look for it today and if possible I will post a picture for you.
                          Instead of using the "reply" button, use the "Quote" button when you start a post....= )

Comment

• 18'' Canvas Piping Bag

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                            Great photo Norm,
                            Hey Jake, Good Morning 2 Everyone,
                            Jake I gotta' ask, what style/type piping bag is this, does it have a vinyl lining, is it an ATTCO bag, what gives?
                            Anybody can do the quote thingy, but Norm always has the best pictures!
                            (This is me last fall & 37 years ago, as a Buck Sargent in Maine)

Your Power Wagon Working Chef,
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce in BC View Post
                              Chris did you build a truck with 2 trannies and a Willies body ?
                              Yes Bruce.. that was a few years ago now... the willys has been rebuilt since then and now only has one tranny....
                              here's a pic...

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/feature...sel/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                                Hey Jake, Good Morning 2 Everyone,
                                Jake I gotta' ask, what style/type piping bag is this, does it have a vinyl lining, is it an ATTCO bag, what gives?
                                Anybody can do the quote thingy, but Norm always has the best pictures!
                                (This is me last fall & 37 years ago, as a Buck Sargent in Maine)

Your Power Wagon Working Chef,
                                Is THAT the SAME wall? ha! ha! ha!

Dang Bruce, you made me hungry just flashing back to the ribs....= )

Comment

Working...
                                X