diving rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diving rocks

Body is sound but it is missing the rear tailgates, etc... repowered with who knows what

$2500 tops without the rear gates and who knows what driveline, body and frame mods... as it appears to have been setup for dune running by early resto-modrons.

Comment

Alex,
      Think of the relocation trauma your blue heeler will suffer! Find an excuse to stay put and make it stick!

Comment

Leave the carryalls alone...destroy a civilian vehicle instead

Comment

The day will come when restomodrons will be dismantling properly restored HMVs...

Comment

trash all the civillian trucks you want...

Comment

Originally posted by divingrocks View Post
              trash all the civillian trucks you want...
              If you take something rotting away in a field and put it back on the road and make it useful how is it being trashed?

Comment

lets stay on track here please

the last time this debait got started the comments got pulled. We want Carryall stuff or modifications or installations that would adapt or work on a Carryall. You got some pictures of a rig towing a Carryall? that is cool.
                Camping in a carryall would be cool.
                Roof top tent that would fit on a Carryall? cool.
                Stock work on original Carryall? is cool as well.
                Whining, baiting, trolling or your opinion on mods? Take it to the opinion thread.
                Tools, hammer welding, sources for parts that are Carryall related ? Bring it on.
                Leads on ads for carryalls? We want them.
                Pictures of lost Carryalls in fields or on Jungle islands? Oh yah we want those too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce in BC View Post
                  Rhode island craigslist. Turned into a flat bed. $1500, excuse me while I cry.
                  Looks like the builder used the rear of the Carryall to create the back of the cab. Be funny if the lower tailgate was in still there and intact.
                  You never know what you will get with one of these trucks, some have rare parts and some are pretty much stripped.

link to ad http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/4400336489.html
                  Here's another example of a prehistoric restomodronification...looks pretty silly to everyone eventually...whereas properly restored trucks never look silly, ever!

Comment

M-M-Mark only paid $1000.00 plus shipping for two trucks out of Oregon including that one I believe....

Comment

Originally posted by vtunderground53 View Post
                      This is the current state of my rig. Its taken a few years to get this far. Its a 1942 carryall wc-53 on a 97 ram 2500 frame, suspension and powertrain. This is what Bruce saw on youtube.
                      another one bites the dust...

Comment

Originally posted by vtunderground53 View Post
                        Actually DR, I see it that I have resurrected this from the woods in which it laid and have given it a new incarnation in which it may live and be appreciated again, perhaps for another seventy years.

Alex, your frame work is impressive. That should be quite stout. I'm sure the motor will sound great too. I start mine once in a while for a boost of encouragement when some aspect is intimidating. Reminds me that it will see the road eventually.

Gary, I am quite envious of the condition of the sheetmetal in your pics. It looks all original.

I started on fabrication of new front fenders as the originals were scarcely rusted outlines. These are also 7 inches longer and 2 inches wider to accommodate for stretching the hood and the wider stance.
                        After these sorts of impractical mods are done...it will no longer be a classic but just another chopped restomodification heap, an obsolete vandalization in less than 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                        X