Mopar Norm, CHRYSLER - JEEP issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mopar Norm, CHRYSLER - JEEP issues

Norm, I immediately thought of you while listening to a segment with a rep from consumer reports on the FOX News Channel yesterday. He was making recommendations to the general public not to purchase any Chrysler or Jeep vehicles at this time. I didn't hear the whole segment, thus I'm not fully informed on why he might pass along this particular advice. I feel sure you are more up to date; by chance do you have anything you can add along these lines?

There seems to be some concerted effort on the part of some 'auto analyst' and politicians, to try to force Chrysler out of business by talking them down.
    The reason? My guess is that with GM teetering on the brink of oblivion and with chapter 11 or 7 eminent, that only Chevy and Cadillac will survive by summer.
    That means Chrysler will pick up the lions share of GM's sales. In fact Chrysler was no. 1 in Canada last month and no. 2* in truck sales in the US!
    With Chrysler gone, GM may survive, with GM gone, Chrysler will flourish, I think that the last power of influence is trying to talk down Chrysler to help GM, but it's not working, Chrysler will turn the corner next month.
    Chrysler outsells ALL European brands combined!
    It passed Honda in Feb. and Chrysler is poised to bring new and better products to market in the next 6 months.

Consumer Reports has some deep seated agenda to ruin American Companies, they are run by leftist and tout ANY foreign brand over American companies. They have been caught red handed (pun intended) with falsifying reports and giving glowing reviews of Japanese vehicles that they actually never test drove.
    They have praised some Mitsubishi offerings while panning Chrysler offerings, not realizing that they were built in the same factory! (Mitsu 3000 vs. Dodge GT and Mitsu Lancer vs. Chrysler Lebaron)

Consumer Reports has lost all credibility with me.

* in retail sales, not counting fleet sales.

Comment

Re: Consumer Reports bias

I have watched them for years talk up Toyota versus other brands. Sad.

Comment

I figured there was more to the story, I've never been one to pay consumer reports a lot of attention based on mainly I've heard them push products in other areas that I had dealt with & knew their quality wasn't the best. Thanks for the update, we can always count on Norm.

Comment

Well said Norm,
          You're explanation cleared up some questions for me as well, I've heard that Ford has picked up a lot of sales in Canada but I don't know if they are taking any from Chrysler or not.

Comment

For the record, CHRYSLER was number 1 in Canadian Sales in Feb. The first time in 84 years that Chrysler gained the top spot. Ford may be up a tad in Canada, but as in the US, most Chrysler and Ford gains have come at the expense of GM.
            Dodge Ram actually outsold the F-Series truck in the US, in Feb. retail only sales, which excludes fleet sales.
            When all vehicles sold are counted, Ford was still number 1 but Dodge made huge gains in market share, with what is arguably the best pickup in decades and the best riding truck ever.

Comment

Working...
            X