Enhanced content and coverage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhanced content and coverage...

I want to add content to what is available to the folks who come to the special forum for magazine subscribers and premium forum users. What do you recommend that I do that will be regarded as desirable content and cause you to want to have access to that forum?

One example I have considered is selected materials from the very early years of the magazine; things that are out of print.

What other alternatives do you consider?

Discuss.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

ideas

One of the things that a coupla other sites have is a photo album, you know where several pictures or at least thumbnails are on one page or series of pages. While I know here we have a forum specifically for images (pics), its set up in a "thread" format which means alot of clicking & scrolling to go from picture to picture and even then you don't know where you're headed til you get there. The albums don't have to be all trucks,maybe one with multiple pics of t-cases,transmissions, axles,hubs,winches,etc...Just for identification purposes...There are hundreds of things we like looking at that help us "see" what we spend so many words trying to say....Norm's got a library of photos to start the show with...And yes I'm aware of the massive amount of space needed.....Or maybe some charts. VIN charts, production charts, specification charts for each series (W100,W200,etc)...just a thought!

Comment

The DTA Albums take an enormous amount of storage space and frankly more time than I have to properly organize them.
      I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to set aside a few hours a week to do just that.
      I have no issues with a link to them here or even for folks to post their photos there by emailing the photos to me.

Old magazine issues posted here would be fun!

Comment

I remember an old issue that featured a comic strip with Clint Dixon as the hero!
        1949 B-1 PW
        1950 B-2 PW
        1965 WM300
        1968 D200 camper special (W200 conversion)
        1970 Challenger RT 383
        1987 Ramcharger 4x4
        1991.5 W250 diesel
        1999 Jeep Cherokee limited 4x4
        2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Comment

member of the month award

I would like to see a member of the month award. after I have been named member of the month the nonsense may end. =)

Comment

PDFs of hard to find technical stuff (so that it can be printed out and brought to the garage). Almost anything can be turned into a pdf file (there are free programs in case you don't have one already)

High quality wallpaper sized photos of restored Power Wagons and old Power Wagon advertising

I like the idea of re-publishing some earlier material. I love re-reading the older stuff I got as part of the new subscriber deal you did.

Comment

Hey Steve

Originally posted by Steve G View Post
              I remember an old issue that featured a comic strip with Clint Dixon as the hero!
              I penned a few comic strips, but I was far from the hero in them. In fact, I did not even appear in any of them.

You may be remembering a certain main character that appeared in some of them. He did have somewhat of a resemblance to me, except he did not wear a beard or glasses. He was also thinner than I am, somewhat more good looking, and a lot more animated. I believe his name was Clem, though his name was never officially announced in text. Or, maybe it was Junior....

I vote for the old issue idea.

Comment

I think it was the hat that threw me off.
                1949 B-1 PW
                1950 B-2 PW
                1965 WM300
                1970 Challenger RT 383
                1987 Ramcharger 4x4
                1991.5 W250 diesel

Comment

I think the idea of rekindling old articles is great. But what do I know. I thought the thread about Marisa Tomei and the ultimate Power Wagon barn find would surely draw them in.
                  Attached Files

Comment

All Good

I was going to go with Norm, the re-kindle of old stuff, then I read Clem...er Clint's input, the idea of a cartoon character sounded good, then Kevin had to do the "Ultimate Power Wagon w/ Marisa Tomei"! PDF's to the shop was working for me too BobbyMike.
                    I also like the idea of sending Mopar Norm our fotos, he should be the "Keeper of the Fotos"!

Now I'm all lumixed up, so all of them sort of appeal to me!
                    Sorry I Haven't Been Any Help Gordon,

Comment

I think Kevin should do the next power wagon calender!
                      1949 B-1 PW
                      1950 B-2 PW
                      1965 WM300
                      1970 Challenger RT 383
                      1987 Ramcharger 4x4
                      1991.5 W250 diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mienke View Post
                        I think the idea of rekindling old articles is great. But what do I know. I thought the thread about Marisa Tomei and the ultimate Power Wagon barn find would surely draw them in.
                        Very nice....
                        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mienke View Post
                          I'm thinking I'll stick with MoparTina....= )

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G View Post
                            I think it was the hat that threw me off.
                            HAH! :~ )

This thread reveals just why that is my favorite magazine in the world.

The old article reprints sound wonderful to me, and the comics a lot of fun.

I'm all for links to Mopar Norm's phenomenal Image Event Albums, those that haven't seen it be forewarned: You should first tape your jaw shut so it isn't injured in the fall. I too love pictures but for those of us imprisoned on dialup it can often spoil a good thread. Being able to click to the Image Event site works very well.

If there were articles describing what the different Power Wagon model designations mean that could be a real help for a lot of guys I'd think.

Then again sorta what Bruce said, they're all good ideas....

Oh, and "Hi, Mopar Tina!"

Comment

Working...
                            X