Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mienke View Post
    .... It just might be in the cards.

I'll be away from the forums for awhile with other things. Enjoy the thread.
    Kev, anything you'd care to share, on line or off?

As for the topic, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, in fact I'm not sure I want to grow up....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mienke View Post
      I wonder about others. Are you doing what you do out of necessity or are you doing what you love to do?
      Rockwell was only going to be a temporary gig; just until I figured out what I wanted to do with my life. I was 18, and that was 21 years ago. Sigh.
      I've spent the last 12 working for John Deere, doing the same thing only machining parts for tractors instead of trucks.
      I left Rockwell in 97 due to layoff threats and picked Deere because I figured the world will always eat. I stay out of necessity. In the 80's, good jobs were hard to find and I don't think that has changed much since.
      I do like what I do, but it's not my dream by far.

Comment

chewie

Good to see you post! I hope you're getting some use out of that flywheel & bellhousing......712EDF (Bucky) Sorry for the hi-jack guys

Comment

Best job I ever had...

When I was playing lead slide-whistle and backup Kazoo in a Def Leopard tribute band.

Man-o-man, those were good times...

They loved us in Europe

Comment

I started my working career as a Baker's apprentice and ended up as a pastry chef at one of Canada's top restaurants at the age of 22 but was not happy doing it so I quit and started a Company with one of my Brothers and my Father. We have since started and sold several new businesses but have always kept and operated the first one we started at the age of 22.
            I would say that I am enjoying the work as much now as I ever have.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
              I started my working career as a Baker's apprentice and ended up as a pastry chef at one of Canada's top restaurants at the age of 22 but was not happy doing it so I quit and started a Company with one of my Brothers and my Father. We have since started and sold several new businesses but have always kept and operated the first one we started at the age of 22.
              I would say that I am enjoying the work as much now as I ever have.
              So you are still a Pastry Chef?

Comment

Pastry...

I would hesitate to call myself a a pastry chef anymore. The skill and authority required to effectively wield a pallet knife in the face of a would be fresh fruit thieve intended to go into a liqueur laden lemon flavored desert may no longer be present.
                To be fair I have made it a tradition to make birthday cakes for my Kids on their birthdays.
                My daughter is also honing her culinary craft in the kitchen in terms of breads and cake decorating. (Picture is of a french bread fashioned to look like an alligator)
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X