25th anniversary of Power Wagon Advertiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25th anniversary of Power Wagon Advertiser

The July 2009 issue marks the 25th anniversary of the Power Wagon Advertiser magazine. My printer has offered a full color cover to express his thanks for the many years I have been with him. It will offer four pages of full color. That issue mails June 17 due to the Iowa Rally.

I am seeking photos to use for this cover. I need high resolution images, preferably from a digital camera, but film photos are OK, too.

Please email them to b1pw1948 at earthlink.net
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Congratulations on the milestone Gordon.

I've subscribed to several car and truck magazines in my life. None for as long as the PWA. The longevity of the magazine is representative of the quality of content.

A four-color process cover! A framable edition I'd say.

What about possibly honoring your own trucks with the privilege of being on the 25th Anniversary cover? After all, they were the trucks that provided the inspiration to get this whole thing started. The Power Wagons of Gordon Maney have a legacy all their own and maybe they deserve to be in the limelight.

Comment

Thank you Gordon, unintended consequences

my children have benefited from your Magazine and forums. My frustration when responding to threads, has been a result of not thinking that english/grammer would ever be necessary in my adult life. I did not pay attention during school days and learned just enough to pass the tests. The ability to express a written coherent thought has newfound importance. I've been stressing the importance of grammer to my kids. Now it has become a fun game of show "dummy dad" what you have learned about writing, punctuation, sentence structure, misplaced modifiers, dangling participles, on and on. The kids love showing off their skills to Dad, and their English grades reflect it. thanks

Comment

... no dummy dad

74w300ureline...your well writen, articulate response shows no sign of a "dummy dad".

GORDON... congrats on the pending MILESTONE... as a longtime lurker (24 monthes) and recent new subscriber, PWA viewers who are not subscribers are MISSING THE REST OF THE STORY...

after getting my subscription, I sat down with all the past issues you sent. WHAT A BLAST !!! great insight into the varied participants who make up the POWER WAGON ADVERTISER horde...

PWA April, 2009 This issue is a "MUST READ"...
        GORDON'S commentary... thought provoking
        BOB JONES...unique review of what it takes to build a TRULY UNIQUE desirable PW..
        KEVIN MIENKE... clears the fog of everymans' daily existence and explains "the rules" and also offers "matrimonial tips" for a healthy marital home... HOYLE and DEAR ABBY as only KEVIN can decipher...

my vote for color photos... bob jones' BIG YELLOW... the color will POP and this unique interpretation of a PW resto upgrade deserves a spotlight

Comment

Front cover

How about a picture of you sitting on an overturned 5 gallon bucket with a copy of the first PWA in your hand in the fore ground and one or more of your trucks in the back ground slightly of focus...

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
            How about a picture of you sitting on an overturned 5 gallon bucket with a copy of the first PWA in your hand in the foreground and one or more of your trucks in the back ground slightly of focus...
            That would probably break the most durable camera....

Comment

I think there would be significant historical merit in having you on the cover Gordon, 25 years of publishing a magazine that has not only documented the legendary Power Wagon's existence in today's world but also has brought together a community of like minded people who celebrate the strength and durability of this engineering master piece.
              Besides, I've seen your pictures posted on the web before so the whole camera breaking story doesn't hold any water with me.

Comment

Just A Thought

Since this issue is going to be so desirable, how about the option of two copies, or the availability of a second cover, along w/ the issue, so we can frame it, if we want to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                  I think there would be significant historical merit in having you on the cover Gordon, 25 years of publishing a magazine that has not only documented the legendary Power Wagon's existence in today's world but also has brought together a community of like minded people who celebrate the strength and durability of this engineering master piece.
                  Besides, I've seen your pictures posted on the web before so the whole camera breaking story doesn't hold any water with me.
                  Eeeek....

I have to think about that.

Comment

How about a "Redux" of the Power Wagon door gag, I thought that was a great pic, even though it was b+w? Just a thought Gordon.

Comment

Working...
                    X