X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmy D

Please reconsider

Comment

I received several e-mails from forum members. All were of the opinion that I may have read too much into the events of the last couple of weeks. Some even suggested I may have erred, but of course we all know that's impossible, right?

The authors of those messages have known Gordon much longer and more personally in one way or another than I have, and without revealing more than they should have they've shown me the difficulty of the situation from his perspective.

Based on that various information and contributions by other members it seems I should rethink my last statement and decision. Having done that the conclusion is to edit my first message [suggested by another] and not leave the forum.

Don't know what to say now regarding various posts I might make in the future. It's too complicated to edit our beliefs into oblivion with every post because we do post stuff up in a hurry sometimes. Seems like some spiritual belief stuff is necessarily going to bleed through because it's a part of who we are. That will keep the moderators busy figuring out if it's blatantly offensive stuff or not.

In the past few years there have been 3 or 4 times I thought I was receiving direct insults in other's forum posts. I'm a fighter, have been all my life, and it's always been block & punch, NOW! My response was immediate and usually full on. I do remember the names of 3 of the people but the 4th escapes me so none of those would know if they're one I remember or the one I forgot. Please, don't remind me :~ )

From that I want to say that there's no grudges or hard feelings against anybody at all, haven't got the time for that bs. This last go-round in the threads is no different, and for my part nothing is any different from 6 months ago. Actually I can't remember taking actual offense from anything that was posted there recently so it's a non-issue to begin with. Whomever you are there's no animosity here.

I'm sure we can ALL pick up where we left off. Regardless of belief, except for those beliefs that teach hatred & death [we ALL need to actively fight against that insanity!], forgiveness is a major tenet of an acceptable personal code of conduct. Also it's easier than puzzling out all that 'he said' - 'she said' stuff.

So that's it from here, I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks to all those who wrote!

JimmieD

Comment

Welcome back Jim.

Comment

Well alright then! ;^)

Originally posted by JimmieD View Post
          I received several e-mails from forum members. All were of the opinion that I may have read too much into the events of the last couple of weeks. Some even suggested I may have erred, but of course we all know that's impossible, right?

The authors of those messages have known Gordon much longer and more personally in one way or another than I have, and without revealing more than they should have they've shown me the difficulty of the situation from his perspective.

Based on that various information and contributions by other members it seems I should rethink my last statement and decision. Having done that the conclusion is to edit my first message [suggested by another] and not leave the forum.

Don't know what to say now regarding various posts I might make in the future. It's too complicated to edit our beliefs into oblivion with every post because we do post stuff up in a hurry sometimes. Seems like some spiritual belief stuff is necessarily going to bleed through because it's a part of who we are. That will keep the moderators busy figuring out if it's blatantly offensive stuff or not.

In the past few years there have been 3 or 4 times I thought I was receiving direct insults in other's forum posts. I'm a fighter, have been all my life, and it's always been block & punch, NOW! My response was immediate and usually full on. I do remember the names of 3 of the people but the 4th escapes me so none of those would know if they're one I remember or the one I forgot. Please, don't remind me :~ )

From that I want to say that there's no grudges or hard feelings against anybody at all, haven't got the time for that bs. This last go-round in the threads is no different, and for my part nothing is any different from 6 months ago. Actually I can't remember taking actual offense from anything that was posted there recently so it's a non-issue to begin with. Whomever you are there's no animosity here.

I'm sure we can ALL pick up where we left off. Regardless of belief, except for those beliefs that teach hatred & death [we ALL need to actively fight against that insanity!], forgiveness is a major tenet of an acceptable personal code of conduct. Also it's easier than puzzling out all that 'he said' - 'she said' stuff.

So that's it from here, I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks to all those who wrote!

JimmieD

Now that we have the camp fire lit, how about one of your great stories from your mountain top view. I'll bet you see a lot of interesting things up there. I'm a flatlander, so I can't imagine what it is like to live where you do. Once July arrives, I can hardly see past the corn outside my windows.

Junior

Comment

Welcome back Jim,

Much saddness has been averted by your return, I hold you and your many insights in high regard and I am very glad to see you are back!

Comment

Contributions

JimmieD

I sure am relieved that you realized that leaving the forum would leave a large void.

I have always enjoyed your posts, they have always been eloquent and informative.

Stick around and keep contributing!

Comment

Gordon, I think this was a good call.

I remember reading a story on "road rage," and that the relative anonymity of a person in an automobile can lead them to do things and act in ways they would not if they were face-to-face with another person.

I believe this is also true of the written word. I have been told by people who met me after reading something I wrote that they were surprised that, in person, I was a nice guy. That's not to say that I apologize for my opinions, or that being "liked" is the most important thing in the world. But, well, you know, there's a time and place for everything, and this is first and foremost a forum on Dodge trucks.

I will say that I am truly amazed at the energy and chemistry in this forum. We come from all walks of life and lifestyles, and have much more in common than our trucks. We appreciate the values that go into the design, manufacture, modification, and maintenance of these vehicles, and it is only natural that we seek these same values in other areas of our lives. Many of us our frustrated and alarmed that the erosion of these same values in our society, so it is only natural that we would want to interject some of that into the forum. It's a fine line sometimes. Guess that's why we have moderators. But we need to respect and appreciate these guys, not try and create more work for them.

I will behave from now on. I promise.

Comment

JimmieD...

JImmieD...welcome back...hope u got my email...

a mind is a terrible thing to waste...

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieD View Post

JimmieD

I am glad for the decision you made. Welcome back.

You bring much to the group.

It appears we have lost several other participants, however, and I regret that. This is the very risk I feared from the start of such a forum and the fear has been realized.
                    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I'm glad you're back JD

Your story about the M880 and the "junkyard lockdown escape" motivated me to aquire a m884. You were patient, assisting me with tire selection,the benefits of fulltime 4x4, greasing front hubs and transfer case operation. That act kindness has not been forgotten. You're in good company, the only other person who I have felt compelled to issue a "Don't go" request after a dustup, was Ugg. Ugg also got the Act of kindness speech. The m880 is now one of my favorites.

How about a classic JimmyD/Mr Peterman*/ Higgens** tale of the M880 escape, for the newer members.....Please.

* TV Seinfeld reference
                      ** TV Magnum PI reference

Comment

That goes for me too...

I'm glad you decided to stay Jim. This place wouldn't be the same without you.

Comment

Jim

Welcome back - always glad to have you here.

Dennis

Comment

Now if BobbyMike and Charles Talbert will come back. They both brought great things to the forum.

Comment

Well, I'm not about to let JimmieD be the only one to have second thoughts. I didn't join this community to pick fights with people anyway (and I'm not actually angry/mad/upset with any particular person). Like JimmieD, I don't have time for that bs.

Gordon, I appreciate what you've built here and I don't really need The Maelstrom. I get to talk religion and politics all day long here-abouts. Nobody around here wants to talk with me about Power Wagons though, so I do need this outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyMike View Post
                                Well, I'm not about to let JimmieD be the only one to have second thoughts. I didn't join this community to pick fights with people anyway (and I'm not actually angry/mad/upset with any particular person). Like JimmieD, I don't have time for that bs.

Gordon, I appreciate what you've built here and I don't really need The Maelstrom. I get to talk religion and politics all day long here-abouts. Nobody around here wants to talk with me about Power Wagons though, so I do need this outlet.
                                :-)

Thank you. [Your email address does not work, by the way. Would you send me a good one for you?]

....now, Charles, what are you doing?????

Comment

Working...
                                X