The stubby truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stubby truck

I've met quite a few really neat guys through this hobby. Ron Reichhart is one of the finest.

Here is a photo that tells it all. Ron's grandson's two summers ago in the bed of his truck "Stubby". He's never at a loss for passengers as you can see. Some of the boys stayed with him last weekend and he was asked about going for a ride in "the Stubby truck". He hasn't had it out yet but it will be soon.

I'm gettin' rally fever. It'll be good to see everybody.

Last edited by Kevin Mienke; 07-11-2013, 05:00 PM.

I have to agree,... Ron is always ready to share his knowledge and offer assisitance to others, he's right there to welcome newcomers to the hobby, provide no nonsence technical advise, and if he doesn't have the answer (which is rare) he'll know where to guide you to look..... He's a great asset to the hobby and am thankful for his friendship.....

Heres one of those rare times when he didn't have the answer and needed to call for "assistance"...haha

Comment

I lucked out and met Ron last year when I was up in Auburn
      getting some Sweptline parts from Bill Brandon. Ron drove
      his truck that day so I got to see it in person.
      John

Comment

Solid stand up guy

Ron is to Power Giants as Hank Hill is to propane. This is a compliment! If you ever get the chance, watch "King of the Hill" on Fox network. Hank is a big, straight arrow, by the book, do things right, always looking out for his freinds and family type. Ron has a better sense of humor. Ron took me under his wing a few years back at the Iowa rally and has made this hobby a pleasure. If we as a country, could fill our schools with Teachers of Rons caliber and character we wouldn't be in the jam we're in today.

Comment

"Ditto" on whats been said about Ron!
          I've met and know Ron and he is truly a fine person. A real man's man.
          TGP
          Attached Files
          WDX & Misc. Pics.
          http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
          "47" Dodge WDX WW
          "52" Dodge M-37 WW
          "54" Willys M38A1
          "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
          "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
          "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
          "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
          "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
          "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

the size of the smiles...

can't tell who has the bigger smiles.."the boys in the bed"

or the "big boy behind the wheel"

hats off, Ron...

Comment

And where would the Power Wagon community be without someone to reliably pick up and deliver trucks on the eastern side of the U.S.? He loves that phone. He must have a lot of friends to talk to.
              Attached Files

Comment

Another picture of that haul -
                There is an interesting story behind where we stayed that night, how long it took to find this place and yeah.... you just had to be there ;o)

Comment

Pieter,

Where was the M37 going? East or West. Was that Tim Holloway's?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in MI View Post
                    Pieter,

Where was the M37 going? East or West. Was that Tim Holloway's?
                    Both trucks were coming back West. We met Kevin from Michigan in Toledo and gave him the truck on the back. The M37 went to Morgan in Fort Wayne area. And yes, that M37 came from Tim Holloway's truck. We took out the 57 for Tim.

pieter

Comment

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I've always been told to help where and when I can. During my first job as a framer I jumped in my car to go home. I turned the key only to find a dead battery. A plumber I knew stopped and gave my car a jump start. I asked what I owed him. He said one thing, help the next guy when he's in trouble. I've been repaying that since 1973. I was also a Boy Scout and my Dad was our Scoutmaster for 22 years so I've been ingrained with the motto Be Prepared for years too. I think a man is measured more by the family he's been raised in and by the family he's raised. This along with the respect he's garnered over the years by his peers makes him wealthier than a billionaire. I have gained so much by meeting all of my friends during my path down this road we call Dodge. Whenever I'm asked about my trucks I make it a point to say the trucks are fun to own but the friendships are priceless. This is why I love this hobby, my friends and having fun.

I feel we are cut from the same pattern and would do whatever needs to be done to help our fellow man. So I'm not all that special, I'm just like the rest of you. Well I do have that 35 ft trailer and willing to haul ha ha. If you can't leave them laughing, just leave. Thanks again guys you're all great.

Comment

Working...
                      X