dickie fix intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dickie fix intro

i'm really not too sure of what i'm doing , i guess i'm more like a power wagon than a computer. i spent many years as an HVAC mechanic, a few more years as an over the road truck driver, most years as a car hauler, and now off the road and making a living as a handy man.

my favorite tool is a hammer, one of which weighs 4400 lb. i have a metal fabrication shop where i work on street rods and customs and dodge trucks. i am currently working on my 1964 dodge 440 2 dr hdtp with 440 4 spd. and 1963 town panel with 440 and np435 4 spd. which i converted to 4x4 with dana 60's in both ends.

i have a wdx power wagon waiting in th wings as well as a 1961 w100 and a 1971 w300 a few trucks in the 70's 80's and 90's for parts, and possible projects.

i am not yet 60, but i can see it from here. i am a life member of nra and a firm believer in the 2nd amendment. i love gordon maney's writing and would write exactly the same if i were capable. i am available to help fellow dodgers if i can, and would be happy to offer technical info as well as parts and pieces. thanks for listening. dickie fix.

Sounds like you have quite a stable. I'm a fan of the '61 Sweptlines and
    own a '61 D200 Utiline. Gotta love those egg-crate grilles! That W100
    is pretty desirable truck. What are the particulars on it?
    John

Comment

w100 detail

that w100 is in pretty rough shape. the driver door is missing, the tailgate is missing, there is angle iron welded into the cab to help hold it together. the cab roof has a crack above driver side, short box sweptline, slant six with 4 spd, 17" wheels locate in Queensbury NY
      Last edited by dickie fix; 04-12-2009, 08:08 PM. Reason: to give location

Comment

Welcome to the group, and thank you very much for the kind words....
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

dickie fix recap...

DICKIE FIX... guns, POWER WAGONS, 440'S, 2nd Amendment...

welcome... you'll fit right in...

Comment

... and a fellow Upstate New York inmate ;) . Welcome! I'm a little south of you in Columbia County, hard up against the Mass border.

Comment

Originally posted by dickie fix View Post
              that w100 is in pretty rough shape. the driver door is missing, the tailgate is missing, there is angle iron welded into the cab to help hold it together. the cab roof has a crack above driver side, short box sweptline, slant six with 4 spd, 17" wheels locate in Queensbury NY
              The "rust belt" regional rating on this would be Very Good
              to Excellent shape [LOL].
              John

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyMike View Post
                ... and a fellow Upstate New York inmate ;) . Welcome! I'm a little south of you in Columbia County, hard up against the Mass border.
                Doesn't "Upstate" begin at Syracuse? :)
                From where I'm at.... "You's guys are
                city slickers" LOL
                John

Comment

I found out that what they call "virtually rust free" in PA we here in Indiana call it scrap. Came up a little short on that deal and should have left them in PA. Optimisum can get you into trouble sometimes. Anyway welcome to the club Dickie Fix sounds like you have no shortage of projects. I'm a Townie owner myself.

Comment

degrees of rust...RON...

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                    I found out that what they call "virtually rust free" in PA we here in Indiana call it scrap.
                    hahaha

RON... this is a candidate for the " best of " forum

what you call scrap...here in Michigan, we call surface rust... ;> )

we are BUILT over a salt mine, after a little snowfall, the roads are literally "white" from all the residual salt left on the roads,

Comment

Originally posted by Hobcobble View Post
                      Doesn't "Upstate" begin at Syracuse? :)
                      From where I'm at.... "You's guys are
                      city slickers" LOL
                      John
                      No offense taken. I live in a town with a Post Office, volunteer fire company and nothing else. No lights, stores, etc.

And we all know that the "Upstate" moniker comes from the people in NYC who consider all of the rest of us, rubes ;)

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyMike View Post
                        And we all know that the "Upstate" moniker comes from the people in NYC who consider all of the rest of us, rubes ;)
                        LOL! Ain't that the truth.
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by rickt4498 View Post
                          hahaha

RON... this is a candidate for the " best of " forum

what you call scrap...here in Michigan, we call surface rust... ;> )

we are BUILT over a salt mine, after a little snowfall, the roads are literally "white" from all the residual salt left on the roads,
                          Hmmm.... Ron's scrap and your surface rust is merely "patina" up here in
                          rusty western NY state :)
                          John

Comment

degrees of rust...

patina...i forgot... the expensive name for vintage treasure...

thanks for the reminder... ; > )

Comment

Welcome dickie fix

Welcome to the forum dickie fix, you sound like most of the rest of us.
                              Most of us are here because we're not all there! or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X