It's all about the people...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all about the people...

you meet on this journey we call Dodge trucks. Last night the door bell rang and this man introduced himself as Bob. He had in his hand a copy of the registration form for my up coming rally. Bob asked about what went on at a rally as he'd never attended one. I explained what we had planned and one thing lead to another. We went outside to look at my Townwagon and the 58 W200 I restored last year. We talked and exchanged stories of our adventures with vehicles. He has just recently started a full on restoration of a 74 crew cab PW. Bob just started posting on this forum as HemiBob67 due to the fact that he HAD a 70 Hemi Cuda. We had a great time talking about trucks and cars we've loved and let go over the years. I found out he does upholstery work having started sewing in his dad's shop when he was 8 years old. I now have another source for that type of work. Bob is only a few miles from my place but had it not been for this forum and being involved with the hobby I don't know that we would have met otherwise. I love to network and hook people up that have needs or services others can use.

This is what it's about for me, meeting friendly people with whom you can get excited with over something that most people think is a little out there. I probably rambled on more than I should have and talked poor Bob's ear off but he said he'd be back. He even offered to help me get ready for the rally. The trucks and the work we put into them is all worth it when you can share that with someone who really appreciates it because they've been there too. I may sound like a broken record but I feel so blessed to have the friends I've met in the last 11 years since I bought my first project truck, Stubby. I not rich in the monetary sense by any means but I wouldn't trade all my friendships for a pile of money. It's a sad lonely man who has no friends to share his life with. Thanks to all of you whom I've met and here's to those I have yet to meet.

Good story it always good to meet good people.
    One other thing you said
    "I feel so blessed to have the friends I've met in the last 11 years since I bought my first project truck, Stubby. I not rich in the monetary sense"
    I am not sure if its possible to own and work on old trucks and be rich in the monetary sense but it sure is a lot of fun
    Ed

Comment

Working...
    X