Paging Kevin Mienke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging Kevin Mienke

It was great to be able to spend some time and visit with you on Wednesday during the 2009 Rally. I was hoping that you would make it back on Thursday. Hope all is well there. Drop me an email if you find time.

Thanks Clint. It was great to see you and the guys even for a short while. I was fortunate to see many friends in a short period of time.
    As much as I wanted to come back to the rally, I thought it would be good to stay home and help out with a few things over at Mom and Dad's. Dad actually took a turn for the better and is out of intensive care.
    I see I missed out on some motorcycle fun. I also missed seeing Steve Pellock's truck. It's starting to hurt that I always miss seeing his truck.
    All in all, things are going good here and I am counting my blessings. Thanks for thinking of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mienke View Post
      Thanks Clint. It was great to see you and the guys even for a short while. I was fortunate to see many friends in a short period of time.

As much as I wanted to come back to the rally, I thought it would be good to stay home and help out with a few things over at Mom and Dad's. Dad actually took a turn for the better and is out of intensive care.

I see I missed out on some motorcycle fun. I also missed seeing Steve Pellock's truck. It's starting to hurt that I always miss seeing his truck.

All in all, things are going good here and I am counting my blessings. Thanks for thinking of me.
      I am glad your father is better. We understand.

Now, as for Steve Pellock's truck. You may need to consider how important it is for you to have your truck there next year, because Steve Pellock's truck was Carol's favorite. Where does that leave you, since you had no chance to complete?
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Kevin, it was good to talk with you and even better that your dad is doing better. I don't blame you for taking care of business at home. I've done the same thing. Steve does have a nice truck which is not to say that Fenway can't hold his own side by side. Here's praying that your Dad will be able to come home soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mienke View Post
          That is really good news to hear that you father is out of intensive care. Hope he continues to improve at a fast pace.

Steve's truck is definitely a sight to behold. When you do get to see it in person, you will know it was worth the wait.

With the improvement I have noticed in my neck over the past few weeks, sometimes I forget that I am running on replacement parts. Like at night for instance. I am beginning to become able to sleep in my old positions. But, when I do so, I wake up really stiff and sore. And then there was the motocross bike incident at the Rally. I was so overcome with nostalgia that I temporarily forgot that I am a 48 year old model held together with baling wire and duct tape...... Luckily, I survived with nothing worse than a bruised ego from the realization that we're only original once, all the restoration in the world will never duplicate that.

Comment

Working...
          X