Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoPar Norm/Duane(fleebag)

Hey guy's,
    been a while.how about a update on your recovery's?
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    Take Care,
    TGP
    WDX & Misc. Pics.
    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
    "47" Dodge WDX WW
    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
    "54" Willys M38A1
    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Duane just had surgery yesterday so I doubt he's going to be in front of his screen right away. Hope everything went well for him and that Norm is recovering too.

Comment

back sugery

Tom and Ron, just happen to have the puter on for the first time today, surgery went well pain in hip and leg gone but this time the back where the done the cutting is very tender stiff and sore but that is to be expected, woke up this morning for the first time in about 3 1/2 months without my hip killing me. What a relief! I was to go to the Lee Rally and meet some of the east coast boys butt!!! Next year for sure, might even have a truck to drive to it by then. Thanks for the concern and Ron I haven't forgot about our deal. Thanks Fleabag!!

Comment

speedy recoveries to all...

DUANE... speedy recovery...follow the doctor's orders, my brother didn't, and his back surgery went sideways...

rick

Comment

Originally posted by Duane Aldridge View Post
          Tom and Ron, just happen to have the puter on for the first time today, surgery went well pain in hip and leg gone but this time the back where the done the cutting is very tender stiff and sore but that is to be expected, woke up this morning for the first time in about 3 1/2 months without my hip killing me. What a relief! I was to go to the Lee Rally and meet some of the east coast boys butt!!! Next year for sure, might even have a truck to drive to it by then. Thanks for the concern and Ron I haven't forgot about our deal. Thanks Fleabag!!
          That's Great News Duane!

I knew you had your surgery Thursday morning when I posted,but if all went well you should have been up a little by Friday afternoon.
          I know when I had mine in 2000, I was up and around the next day feeling a lot better except for the feeling of a "brick" someone sewed in my back! ha

Take at easy and you'll be going to Ron's in no time!

Norm what about you? How's the Eye doing?

Take it slow,
          TGP
          WDX & Misc. Pics.
          "47" Dodge WDX WW
          "52" Dodge M-37 WW
          "54" Willys M38A1
          "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW

Comment

Glad to hear that Flea is doing well!

I had a check-up yesterday, the gas bubble in my eye is has not dissipated yet, in fact it's at 60%, so that meant one more week of inactivity for me. They wrapped the eyeball with a silicon girdle (they call it a "buckle") and believe me it feels like a belt buckle is in there, even my hair and teeth hurt and it's been two weeks. After two weeks of giving me Vicoden, with no relief, they told me yesterday, "no orally administered pain killers will work", so what was the point of THAT!?
            I'm just laying here bitting a stick...waiting...won't know if the vision will be restored until the gas bubble is completely gone. That takes 8-10 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post

I had a check-up yesterday, the gas bubble in my eye is has not dissipated yet, in fact it's at 60%, so that meant one more week of inactivity for me. They wrapped the eyeball with a silicon girdle (they call it a "buckle") and believe me it feels like a belt buckle is in there, even my hair and teeth hurt and it's been two weeks. After two weeks of giving me Vicoden, with no relief, they told me yesterday, "no orally administered pain killers will work", so what was the point of THAT!?
              I'm just laying here bitting a stick...waiting...won't know if the vision will be restored until the gas bubble is completely gone. That takes 8-10 weeks.
              Well We could set up an appointment with Dr. Conrad Murray. I hear he's accepting new patients. Or I could swing by and spray some pepper spray in your good eye to get your mind off the sore one. ;-)
              Seriously it sounds excruciating. My condolences to Tina, because you must be miserable to put up with. I know I would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane Aldridge View Post
                Glad to hear the treatment was successful Duane. I know what kind of pain you were in. The incision pain goes away relatively quick. Of course with that major nerve pain gone, you'll be able to tell what else is hurting.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post

Hi Norm,
                  Sounds like your doing as well as one can expect.
                  I have heard about the "buckle" but fortunately I never needed that process. To much fluid in the eye causing pressure is never good.
                  Keeping as still as you need to for the period of time need is the real killer!
                  I know I would be Crazy by now,LOL
                  Thanks for the update Norm,and we will continue to keep you and others in our prayers .

Tom
                  WDX & Misc. Pics.
                  "47" Dodge WDX WW
                  "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                  "54" Willys M38A1
                  "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW

Comment

Norm,
                    I am not sure this will make you "feel any better", but about 25 years ago I developed a condition known as anterior uveitis. It is an inflammatory condition of the front part of the eye. The first eye doc I went down here in the country was old school, for this condition he liked to give the patient an injection INTO THE EYE (conjunctiva) WHILE YOU ARE FULLY AWAKE!
                    Well, I just about came up out of the chair 5 feet with that one.
                    What was worse is that in spite of the pain from this it did not work for my problem, so I went to eye doc #2 at the University up in the city, and he put me on potent oral meds that not only did the job but was not painful.
                    The point of my story...I can sympathize with you to a small extent with eye pain. Mine was excruciating but brief. I know yours is less but constant.
                    Hang in there.

Comment

Ha! Thanks!
                      Another downside is that alcohol raises the pressure in the eye,... so I can't even drink to forget.....= )

Comment

Norm, Hope you get better soon. Nick

Comment

Thanks Nick!
                          I appreciate yours and everyones, thoughts, prayers and messages!

It makes another week of laying on my side a little easier to take....= )

Comment

Working...
                          X