who owns the Sinclair tow truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who owns the Sinclair tow truck?

I know the truck I saw yesterday belongs to someone on here. It is a 52 PW that is painted green and has Sinclair's Dino on it and it was at Ron in Indiana's rally last year, It is from Illinois and they were towing it with a yellow PW. The yellow truck was originally done by Gar Wood. It was at the Blueberry fest in Plymouth and there was a Big horn(1956) with a Detroit Diesel as well as 3 1940 Dodge cars, a 1940 Dodge PU and a 1933 Dodge Brothers Humpback Delivery and also a Willys Jeep Panel(1948).
    There was also a 1947 Dodge 2wd pickup(job rated) as well
    I really enjoyed all the vintage Mopar Iron for a change
    DB69

Well if he hasn't sold it ,Bob Jones of Crete,IL owns the Sinclair truck. If the yellow PW towing it was a 6x6 he built that truck himself and it has a Cummins in it. Both are outstanding trucks. He sold a 1941 1/2 ton WC to my friend Mike Morgan which has been sitting here since Iowa. We're having a lot of fun with it too.

Comment

For the right amount of money he'll sell the 6x6 too.

http://www.vintagepowerwagons.com/on...heel-drive.htm

Comment

who owns the sinclair tow truck

That yellow PW was the one I saw in Plymouth. Since I recognized the Sinclair truck from Ron's place last year I had hoped to say hi to the owner. I couldn't remember who owned the truck and I was very impressed with the two PW's amongst all the street rods which never impress me. I hated seeing those old Dodges and that Willys Panel that had a &*%#$@ 350 small block chebby motor in them.
        That reminds me of why McDonald's hamburgers and chebbies are alike
        they make alot of both of them, but it doesn't make either on of them any good!
        DB69

Comment

Hi Ron, thanks for the kind words regarding my trucks. I love what you do with your trucks as well. I am also glad to see someone is using the half ton. It's a great truck. Driving it occasionally keeps everything in working order.

Comment

Hello DB69, I spoke with many people at the Plymouth, Indiana show. My Power Wagons were very popular. Thanks for the compliments. I am sorry if I was not able to talk to you. There were two guys there that looked really familiar. One actually said my name but I was talking to some other people at the time. Was that you? I have many pictures of both trucks. Send me an e-mail and I will send you some pictures back. Ron is correct I built the yellow truck. The winch is a Garwood. Perhaps that's what made you think the whole truck was modified by them. My e-mail is rjones820@comcast.net.

Comment

who owns the Sinclair tow truck

I was talking to the guy who came with you to the car show and it was he who mentioned your name. I remember you from Ron's rally and recognized the Sinclair truck from being there. You had just completed it like a week before that rally in May 2008. I love old antique Dodges, both cars and trucks, and am interested in Dodge going back to John and Horace Dodge and their first car in November 1914 aan the first mass produced (screenside) truck from October 1917
              Not being familiar with your trucks I presumed that it had been built by Gar Wood because he did alot of work with Dodge Trucks going back to the 30's with the Airfows, and possibly before then.
              Again just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your trucks, they were the high point of the whole day!
              Tom Labadie(DB69)

Comment

Originally posted by OLD DODGE View Post
                For the right amount of money he'll sell the 6x6 too.

http://www.vintagepowerwagons.com/on...heel-drive.htm

I saw that the other day. I remember the build-up articles in PWA, such nice work! If I had anywhere to keep something that big I might have to try and find the money to buy it.

Hmm, put a camper on the trailer and I wouldn't need the house...

Comment

Thanks again guys for all the kind words. I really enjoy the building part and not the keeping. However driving the yellow truck down the highway with another power wagon on the trailer is sure fun. As I am sure you know there is nothing more fun than finding an old power wagon somewhere. I have used the yellow truck to retrieve several trucks in the past few years. The yellow truck sure makes it fun.

It was nice talking with you guys.

Bob Jones

Comment

Working...
                  X