9/11 - Never Forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 - Never Forget

God Bless those who have sacrificed and lost loved ones, and Thank you to those who serve.
    Last edited by Gordon Maney; 09-11-2009, 12:20 PM. Reason: fix typo
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

AMEN to that!!

Comment

If you want to stay warm this fall & winter, think about this; somewhere in the deserts and moutains of a land far,far away there is G.I. huddled in a dusty hole in the ground trying to stay warm, he can't have a fire because that would give him away, and the same crazeys that want to kill us, will kill him. he is the dividing line that lets us carry on with our everyday lives and play with our trucks. there is no play time for him, 24/7 he has our backs. I hope to GOD he makes it home to play truck with his kids, for he has made it possible for me to play truck with with mine. if you see a man in uniform out somewhere, stop and thank him, if you see a man in uniform in a resturant somewhere, pay for his meal if you can, it's a good feeling for you, and it will let him know that some of us know. it's a small gesture, but the world is made up of small gestures that make major differentences in the lives of our fellow men. are you cold? think! it's not so bad is it? Dave

Comment

I'll second those thoughts as well.

Thanks for your dedication and service. You are all valued beyond what mere words can express.

We will not forget.

Comment

There is a department wide memo from our sheriff floating around and it is required reading for all personell. The jist of it is that all returning soldiers are to be extended every courtesy. It basically means when it's a coin toss give the guy a break. He made it very clear that it does not extend to criminal activity, but infractions are discretionary. We have also had training in dealing with these people, so that our people don't overreact to something the soldier doesn't realize he or she is doing. For instance , I have stopped a few guys for driving down the center of the road. It's a habit they pick up trying to avoid I.E.D.s . Our command staff actually rounded up some of the military personell in the department to determine what some of these behaviors were.
          The idea being to prevent an incident.
          One of my trainees told me his wife made a sign for the dash to remind him about staying in his lane.
          We owe these kids a lot, and I personally enjoy cutting a bit of slack for them.

Comment

I'm glad there are other people out there like me. PWdave.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Thompson View Post
              There is a department wide memo from our sheriff floating around and it is required reading for all personell. The jist of it is that all returning soldiers are to be extended every courtesy. It basically means when it's a coin toss give the guy a break. He made it very clear that it does not extend to criminal activity, but infractions are discretionary. We have also had training in dealing with these people, so that our people don't overreact to something the soldier doesn't realize he or she is doing. For instance , I have stopped a few guys for driving down the center of the road. It's a habit they pick up trying to avoid I.E.D.s . Our command staff actually rounded up some of the military personell in the department to determine what some of these behaviors were.
              The idea being to prevent an incident.
              One of my trainees told me his wife made a sign for the dash to remind him about staying in his lane.
              We owe these kids a lot, and I personally enjoy cutting a bit of slack for them.
              I greatly admire the spirit of support found in this stance on the part of your law enforcement agency. Bravo....
              Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

It’s been said that time heals all wounds. As for myself time has given me some perspective. Time to look at 9/11/2001 in a different light. I still find myself sad for the loss of innocence and the horror many must have felt that day.

I know God will help us with our crusade against terrorism. I have the utmost respect for our service men and women who put their lives on the line so we can enjoy driving our old iron around. The evildoers who planed the attack on 9/11 will some day pay the ultimate price for their sins. God Bless all who fight so we can be free and God Bless America!

Comment

Working...
                X