Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theres a reason they are called dirtbikes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theres a reason they are called dirtbikes...

...and not snowbikes, and I figured out why exactly 23 seconds after this photo was taken. That's the time that's on my broken watch anyway. It should be noted that even though cedar fencing is considered a softwood, it is rather hard when you crash into it.

My new toy:
    1982 Husqvarna 430 XC
    Attached Files

You never know when your front tire might hit an unseen object. You never know when you'll go into a slide, but that's the beauty of it. I'm sure you already understand the beauty of this or you wouldn't have tried it. Stay away from fences, buildings, and small children and try again.
    We ran the farm field roads when we were kids wearing those cheesy little fake NFL uniforms...helmet, shoulder pads, etc. You don't need a lot of speed to get a great thrill out of it. I've got chronic pain in my left side thoracic cavity that I didn't have before and a tailpipe burn on my neck. It was great fun though, at least I didn't break a watch.

Comment

Did you bend the motorcycle? It is pretty neat.....
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Naw, just my pride, and my watch.

Wood cant hurt a Husqvarna...

Husqvarna hurts wood.

Like everything I seem to be attracted to, old Husky's are now classics. '82 was the last year before they went to plastic fuel tanks and got all fancy.

I have owned this bike for less than a week and have already been invited to attend a bike show and open house with it displayed at downtown Harley-Davidson in Seattle. I only mention that to state the staying power of the classic design like we find in our own Power Wagons.

Comment

bultaco

during my early teens in the 70's I owned a beat up Bultaco for about 5 hours. Mom came home and took one look at it and said " NO Your gonna kill yourself!" but mom this is what the real racers ride besides in a year or two I won't outgrow this one. NO!! back it went. At least I got all my paper route money back.

Comment

Time for another Chrysler...

Jonas, you need a Sno-Rabbit/Sno-runner to join the motor cycling/snow/Chrysler product hobbies into one machine

Last edited by Chris Olson; 12-25-2009, 02:38 AM. Reason: speeling mishtayke

Comment

Walmart's selling something like that but no motor. Three ski's and a helmet. If I had a larger plot and a good size hill...

Comment

sweet husqy too bad about the fence though

Comment

Working...
                X