nice guys finish first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice guys finish first

six years ago I was admiring a 1968 green /6 Dodge coronet in a doctors office parking lot. left a note on the windshield. Next day I get a call from Doris the original owner of the 68 daily driver. long story short, I just got a call from her nephew that Doris is moving to florida.

AND...

You can't leave us hanging like this. Are you the new owner? Is she going to Florida with the car? Is she giving the car to her nephew who is interested in selling it to you? Is she selling it to her nephew who's going to donate it to your growing collection?

You know the Sopranos did this to me at the end of every season, then SOA did this to me a few weeks ago. Now you...

Comment

going to look

after the new year when her nephew comes up from Florida. I need this like I need a hole in the head. The wife will go ballistic!! I gotta get my teenage daughters on board to pull this off. doris chatted my ear off years ago about how all the young fellas wanted to buy it to make it a "Hot rod race car". I'm thinking it was a four door. maybe Ill paint it yellow like one of those nyc taxis from the Odd Couple TV show. I cant do this...

Comment

You're right you need it like you need another orfice in your backside. But what the hey it's never stopped you before. You do remember that long blue truck stashed in Indiana right $$$. LOL No I don't want to do a 66 Coronet either. A 68-69 or 72 Dart and we can talk. You shipped that rim right?

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
          after the new year when her nephew comes up from Florida. I need this like I need a hole in the head. The wife will go ballistic!! I gotta get my teenage daughters on board to pull this off. doris chatted my ear off years ago about how all the young fellas wanted to buy it to make it a "Hot rod race car". I'm thinking it was a four door. maybe Ill paint it yellow like one of those nyc taxis from the Odd Couple TV show. I cant do this...
          I say go for it.... what's another hole in the head matter anyway? I don't
          mind the holes in my head one bit.
          John

Comment

Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

I don't know about yours but one of the things I love about my wife is that she knows I'm ill. She knows that every once in a while there's going to be something sitting in the driveway; another bike in the shed. So long as they're not eyesores and she can drive them once in a while she's o.k with it. I made a deal with her about me lifting the Dodge this year. She gets to drive it to work once a month. My way around that is to keep it in the corner of the yard instead of the driveway. She hates having to walk through the yard in her nice clean work clothes and then have to track mud into the bank. I also don't think she's got the idea yet that there's not going to be any nerf bars or steps to help her in.

Comment

I believe as long as you are not out chasing other women, doing drugs, or racing a stock car, you wife should be happy.

Oh, wait, oops.... maybe you do race a stock car....
              Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

There is someone in Michigan growing very fond of the ole slant six...

just a side thought... if the body is trashed, we could use that engine trans
                to swap into your green beast and actually have a driver...

and speaking on that note... in the classifieds here, there is a slant 6 and auto in Maryland.... If I saw it before Ron went East, I might have had him snag it up for me...

btw-I now have a window for the ole dart...

laters

Comment

Turbo Dart

Pieter i figuired you would have dropped a big ol 440 into the Turbo Dart by now. At Rons request I'm sending the spare rim your way soon. just need to figuire how to get the tire off, you didnt cover tire removal during your last class. sawzall? haha. Im still holding out for a "3 on the tree" for the 1973 Forest Service D100. roll up that window its getting cold. I bet Hawaii is looking real good about now

Comment

Andrew did you check your private message on this board? I just found yours this morning. Tire store? 30 seconds to pop it off.

Comment

Gordon, racing stock cars

I drive Route 17 and the New Jersey Turnpike rush hour every day. Nascar has nothing on us. Get a chimpanzee give him a car, a cellphone, poke out one of his eyes, liquor him up now were talking New Jersey drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      X