Howdy gang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy gang

Hi guys, New person as of yesterday and just wanted to drop in and say Howdy!

I've had Dodge trucks for the last several years, currently I have an 02 1500 4x4, traded out my ol 93 D150 club cab with 340K on the orig 318 cause the family out grew it.

The main thing that brought me here was the fact my youngest is 16 and wanted a 4x4 Dodge and as of 2 days ago, we now have a 77 Powerwagon W200 as the latest member of the family. She's a beast but lacking in the beauty dept but not too terrible for sure. I will post some pics of her soon. We will be pulling the bad motor out this spring and replacing it with another. It's also set up with a plow and I am going to sell it to offset the costs of bringin the truck back to road ready status.

I'm gonna have to find some parts so I will be pestering the folks here as we look for stuff....the previous owner has not been too kind to the interior :( I did want to know if the little strip that shows the warnings...Loc, safety belt etc. is replaceable or will I need to get a new gauge bezel? They have managed poke out holes where the indicators are and that looks bad. It would be nice to be able to just replace that little strip with the correct indicators but I have a bad feeling that I will have to find a whole new panel.

This site is great! Looking forward to hanging around and learning more about this beast.

Todd McMilian-Independence, MO

Welcome,
    Glad to hear your 16yr old would rather start in a W200 than one of those putt-putts with ground-effects, loud exhaust and sickly expensive wheels.

The 77 guage panel was the same from about 75 through 80. 72-74 were different but interchangeable as a whole.

Bucky

Comment

Todd

Saturn surplus in Pa. may have what your looking for.

Welcome aboard

Comment

Howdy Gang

Welcome Aboard! I am always happy to see younger guys on here who likes Dodges more than ricers.
        By the way toddmac, How close are you to the Truman House and Library?
        DB69

Comment

Pretty close...within reason. My mom lives right over behind the Library. Truman's house is prob 4 miles or so from me.

I have another odd question......on the little warning strip where the light shines thru. If I take a flashlight and shine it thru them, I have a seat belt light, a loc light for the transfer and something about fuel but it's messed up and we can't read it.....Anyone know what that says? What it's monitoring perhaps....It looks like it says fuel pacer to me. What is that??
          I need to get to work on this thing, it has a plow that I want to take off and sell to offset the replacement engine costs. So far we are having a lot more winter than normal as far as snow fall and not having a shop to work in has been a real deal killer for working on trucks so far this winter :(

Thanks for the welcome too guys! Yeah the boy never got into the ricer mobiles thankfully. My oldest son has a 67 chevy truck he drives so I have lucked out all around. No foreign material has lived in my driveway thus far!

Comment

Concerning that indicator light strip:

On 79 models, they pertain to (L to R ): Transfer case loc light, EGR check light, fasten seat belts light.

The 79 owner's manaul says this EGR check light is programmed to come on every 12,000 miles to remind you to "take it to the dealer & spend money". (my words in quotes)

The 77 dash may be different. I'll look at my 78 next time I'm near it.

bucky

Comment

Working...
            X