How much snow do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much snow do you have?

How much snow do you have where you live?
    Michigan City IN has a little more than 2 feet
    DB69

Ft Wayne got 4" on Thursday and it was a dry fluffy snow. Nothing like good old lake effect huh? You can keep that 2 ft of snow. It's not over yet either. Try and stay warm the rally will be here before we know it.

Comment

Out here on this plateau I have a drift that's most of five foot high, and grass poking out of spots in the front yard. But we got eight inches last week, on top of several more from the last storm. In the pic, I had already started clearing the entry door path before I thought to get a picture. You can see just how high on the door it was. I had to walk a ways just to get around the drift. The shelf looking thing is actually a rack for my flatbed standing on end.
      There is a garden tractor with a snow blade somewhere under that drift, too.
      Attached Files

Comment

I live Prince George, (about 600 miles North of Vancouver, near the geographical center of BC) we just came out of 3wks. of minus 30 celcius. As I write this its raining outside, which is washing away the 18" of snow thats sitting in the yard. The forcast for the week is a balmy plus 8*C for the most part.

This is just wrong - its usually about 4' deep outside and minus 15* - but I'm not going to complain. Bring on the global warming. I'll plant palm tree's and sell my shovel to someone back east... Ha!

Comment

We got about 24" on our "mountaintop" here in Pennsylvania. Our elevation is about 2200 feet. Temp has been about 0 F. We had a lot of high winds, so the drift in front of my garage door was about 6'. Ugh.

I picked up a truckload of kiln-dried maple and cherry cutoffs from a local furniture plant. The wife has a woodstove, you see.

I have been driving socially irresponsible vehicles my entire life, in an effort to warm up our climate. No success yet.

Stay warm.

Comment

We have about 14" or so. It all seems to pile up on my
            lane when the wind starts blowing. We'll have plenty
            more before the end of Winter [that's in April where I
            live LOL!]. Its a long way from where I stood to take this
            pic to the road when its all drifted over.....
            John
            Attached Files

Comment

Well, my snow pack went down about 6" over the last night and day, and this evening I discovered about 1.5" of it in my basement. Gotta' love melting snow and frozen ground. Water has to go somewhere...

Looks like Vince was right - the Sham-WOW does suck up alot of water quite quickly!....

Looks like I can add some foundation repair to the summer honey-do list...

Comment

I dread the meltdown. Basement stays dry, but the garage floor becomes a river in heavy rain. I imagine snow melt will be similar, except for the possibility of ice.
                On the plus side, it keeps me from leaving tools on the floor!

Comment

None! Absolutely no snow whatsoever , not a sausage. It was eighty degrees here yesterday.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Thompson View Post
                    None! Absolutely no snow whatsoever , not a sausage. It was eighty degrees here yesterday.

Ya Rub it in,haha
                    We might get above freezing today for a pleasent change,
                    And remove some of the snow,lol

Enjoy your 80+ LOL
                    TGP
                    WDX & Misc. Pics.
                    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
                    "47" Dodge WDX WW
                    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                    "54" Willys M38A1
                    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
                    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
                    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
                    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
                    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
                    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Thompson View Post

Yeah Bob, you can buy a nice house here for around 60K, and a beer for 45 cents...

Comment

Originally posted by NNICKB View Post
                        Yeah Bob, you can buy a nice house here for around 60K, and a beer for 45 cents

And refrigeration is free for half the year...

Comment

Its tough to plow a wild fire or an earthquake.....
                          I'll keep my snow.
                          John

Comment

I always look forward to the first romp in the snow with my XJ. I luv it when the city gets a nice crippling 2'-3' over night snow fall.

Comment

I miss that about northeast Ohio. That lake-effect was a blast when I was a kid. Lots of snow one morning and then gone in a day or two. We built the neatest tunnels...
                              The snow here in Iowa is colder and too dry for that stuff. I suppose it's easier to push with a blade, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X