Coolest Movie Mopar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolest Movie Mopar

Just sitting around talking with the wife who just to let yall know has the truck/car bug just as bad as I do which sounds cool till you realize there is nobody to say no. But anyway we got to discussing movie cars and named several gm's, fords, and more than a few worthy imports. For mopars I can come up with Lone Wolf Mcquade's Ramcharger, Christine, and the truck from fire in the sky. I know you guys can add to the list so have at it.

For starters Bullet, Vanishing point, Gone in 60 Seconds, The Wraith, It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad World, Joe Dirt and a ton of other David Spade movies, Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry, Patton...

Comment

Moonrunners
      Sugarland Express
      Thunderbolt & Lightfoot
      and yes Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Comment

totally forgot about the wraith that was a pretty cool movie and the others are good also

Comment

McCloud Dart

Dennis Weaver in the Dart vs killer Oil tanker truck.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
            Dennis Weaver in the Dart vs killer Oil tanker truck.
            Yes.....I think it was called DUEL.

Tanker was a Pete

Comment

man forgot about duel that movie actually kinda scared me when i was younger

Comment

train crossing scene

had me stomping the imaginary brake pedal. youtube has numbered clips. someone shortened the movie to 20 minutes in a remake, back in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
                  had me stomping the imaginary brake pedal. youtube has numbered clips. someone shortened the movie to 20 minutes in a remake, back in 2006.
                  Are you refering to the ending of "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry" where the green 70 charger hits the freight train & explodes? This scene was also used in the opening credits of the 1980's TV series "The Fall Guy" which starred Lee Majors as a stuntman.

Comment

RR crossing in Dual

somehow the killer Peterbuilt oiltanker sneaks up behind the Dart at a railroad crossing, and starts to push Weaver into a rumbling freight train. Having owned a few Darts made the movie more realistic and scary. The sloppy steering at high speeds, wandering into and out of turns. looking at the dashboard in the movie brought back old memories of begging the car to "come on" as the speedometer drops and oil light flickers.

Comment

Yes I remember now, THAT railroad crossing!

Yep I remember ol mcloud sweating it as the lights were a flickering,smoke was arrising & the velocity of that dart was a dropping. Of course rental cars get the same treatment every day.

Bucky

Comment

mopars

guns of navarone w/ gregory peck is chock full of dodge trucks and power wagons. even the german troop trucks are power wagons! odd to see a six nazis jump out of the back of their truck, shut the tailgate and it has DODGE stamped in it!! lots of dodges Dave.

Comment

What? No mention of the Blues Bros? What about the shot over Dan Akroyd's shoulder, where the needle on the 140 mph "certified" speedometer dives over the deep end? Was that cool or what?

I think the car in the Dennis Weaver movie was a Valiant, not a Dart.

Comment

Originally posted by pwdave View Post
                            guns of navarone w/ gregory peck is chock full of dodge trucks and power wagons. even the german troop trucks are power wagons! odd to see a six nazis jump out of the back of their truck, shut the tailgate and it has DODGE stamped in it!! lots of dodges Dave.
                            Yeah, always loved those WWII movies where the Nazis are driving Power Wagons. Or M38 (Korean War) Jeeps. Wonder if the Germans made any movies with the Americans driving Kubelwagens?

Comment

Just finished watching return to planet of the apes. at the very first of the movie when the apes landed there was some pretty nifty dodges and other trucks met them on the beach and took them to the army base. Dave.

Comment

Working...
                              X