St. Louis to Iowa Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOOP'S!
    well, can't be all bad if she's reading your post on PWA!
    Just make her birthday a little more special,and your all set!
    Like maybe show her what Ron's Bringing!
    That should do it,haha
    TGP
    WDX & Misc. Pics.
    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
    "47" Dodge WDX WW
    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
    "54" Willys M38A1
    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Petroff View Post
      OOOP'S!
      well, can't be all bad if she's reading your post on PWA!
      Just make her birthday a little more special,and your all set!
      Like maybe show her what Ron's Bringing!
      That should do it,haha
      TGP
      Hey hey Tom you weren't supposed to say anything haha. I've been very discreet in the past with trucks I've hauled. One I delivered to CT wasn't announced to the wife until I was about two hours away. HE was in the dog house for sometime after that but I think it's cool now. It's always easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission, I think. I'm still working on that one haha. Oh and wait until you see my Buy it Now listing. We're all having fun Steve.

Comment

Hey Tom, it wasn't that Marie read the post - it was me laughing loudly that caught her attention "What are you laughing about?".

Rooooon, that's gonna be a big Buy It Now button.

Comment

Tom

The first thing I thought was that little s*#t is six days late to be pulling this one off. Not having the Buy It Now button tipped me off that it wasn't you. :) I had a good laugh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956-...item3cabd693cb

The seller is using the pic of my manifold and telling people to be sure this is what they want. I'm sure he is a trusted seller but I still feel this isn't right.
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sret43 View Post
            The first thing I thought was that little s*#t is six days late to be pulling this one off. Not having the Buy It Now button tipped me off that it wasn't you. :) I had a good laugh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956-...item3cabd693cb

The seller is using the pic of my manifold and telling people to be sure this is what they want. I'm sure he is a trusted seller but I still feel this isn't right.
            Steve
            HAHA,

Not to worry!!!
            There sitting here safe and sound!

Strange seller?
            His feedback looks ok,but further inspection, shows his final sale prices are low,with a large number of bids.
            I guess hot roders shoot nickels,ha.
            TGP
            WDX & Misc. Pics.
            "47" Dodge WDX WW
            "52" Dodge M-37 WW
            "54" Willys M38A1
            "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW

Comment

Tom

I was thinking about what you said of the small bids and a large number of bidders.

Now, when I bought my manifold there were only two other interested parties and the bids were pretty large. Now there's a second manifold in the market place within three months and there are six different bidders doing petty bidding hikes.

Comment

Steve,
                I'm sorry but I'm out of town right now. I can get a picture this weekend.
                I remember that there is no water outlet of any kind,other than the T-stat upper radiator hose.
                Just a simple housing cast in the front middle of the manifold.
                It doesn't have a T- stat in it either.

TGP
                WDX & Misc. Pics.
                "47" Dodge WDX WW
                "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                "54" Willys M38A1
                "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW

Comment

Tom

Don't bother with a pic as that explained it perfectly. Thank you much for the input. Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sret43 View Post
                    I was thinking about what you said of the small bids and a large number of bidders.

Now, when I bought my manifold there were only two other interested parties and the bids were pretty large. Now there's a second manifold in the market place within three months and there are six different bidders doing petty bidding hikes.
                    Just because there are 6 different bidders on his manifold means Nothing!! Nothing at all, the other people might not have been looking for a manifold a few weeks ago, or might not have had the money to spend on one, when the one you bought was up for sale. Or just because you see something sell for say $500 does NOT mean the the next time you see that part on eBay it will sell for $500, eBay is very touchy and changes from one week to the next, I cant tell you how many times I have sold something for X and the next week list the same type of part for the same price and it will not sell. All it takes to drive the price up is TWO people who get into a bidding war and want to be the high bidder, then the 2nd highest bidder does not win and comes to his senses and decides he was going to spend to much in the first place.

Also just because you see something sell for say $500 one week on eBay does NOT mean that that same part you have is worth $500 also that you have, all it means is that given week on eBay there was someone somewhere willing to spend that much on that given part, and the next week or month there might not be a buyer for that part. I cant tell you how many times I have sold something for good money and the next week or so someone else will try and sell the same part for my price and theirs does Not sell!!

If I had $1.00 dollars for every time I had this happen, I would not have to worry about selling parts. I will have 3 sets of the same part, I list them on eBay one set at a time, I sell them all, and a few days or weeks after the Last set sells I get a guy asking me I am looking for this part, (I think Where was he a few weeks ago??) yeah I tell him I have just sold 3 sets of those in the last month or month and a half and dont have anymore right now. They come back and say most times, well I was not looking a few weeks ago, or I was out of town and missed those, can you get anymore?? eBay is funny and changes from one week to the next, you can sell something one week and have 2 or 3 bidders on that item and list another one just like it the same night your other one sold, send a email to the other bidders, and 7 days later your 2nd item does Not sell, and I am not talking about 2nd chance offers either.

Just because he has six bidders or lots of bids but not big sales, does not mean he has people shilling the bids. That is the first conclusion people jump to in this OVER paranoid world of ours. I know when I see a item I want, I do one of two things, 1 put it on my watch list and wait until the last minute to bid, why sit there all week and peck bids at something, your only costing yourself Money, I mean why sit there and increase the bids only to be the top bidder when the auction is not over?? Unless there is a reserve and your trying find out what it is. 2nd thing I do, if I see a item I want, say it has a $9.99 starting bid, I put the starting bid on it nothing more, every few days I look at the item to see what the bid is, if I got out bid So what,, I wait until the last second and throw the most I want to spend on that item in there and most times win it that way, most times you will save yourself some money that way. Instead of pecking bids at the item all week when you get outbid, only so you can be the high bidder.

Maybe that is why you see this guy has lots of bids. People are silly and most times will peck bids at something only to be the high bidder. Most people dont bid in increments of $50.00 a bid. I know I sold something a few weeks ago and the bidding started at $99.99 it sold for $125.00 so only $25.01 more then the starting bid, guess what there was 7 different bidders, with a total of 13 bids, all were putting in small bids. Times are tight for most people still, and most bid small amounts. And just to show how silly people are the guy who won that auction, asked me about that same part a few weeks before, I emailed him photos of that same part, told him my price I wanted for it $100.00 plus shipping, he said he thought that it was to much and was going to pass on the part, so I used the same photos I sent him and put the part on eBay, guess who was the high bidder, Yep,, Mr. thought it was to much, cost himself $25.00 more in the end.

That just two examples of how people are silly, here is one more. I cant tell you how many times, I see this one eBay something will have a say starting bid of say $100 and a but it now of $150, you would think if someone really wants it bad enough they would click the buy it now and get it over with, no they think they are going to save themselves a few bucks and put a bid on it, they get outbid and put another bid on it, now the buy it now is gone, and the last few minutes of the auction is coming up, and in the Heat of the moment they bid more then the buy it now price was and win the auction, great for the seller but not so great for you the buyer because you just cost yourself more money then you would have if you just used the buy it now! because you thought you were going to save money!! There was a 1956 on eBay a few months ago with a starting bid of $500 and a buy it now of $650 it ended up selling for almost $850 I am sure the seller was happy, the buyer was probably kicking himself.

It can go the other way also, a few years ago there was a truck on eBay I wanted in the worst way, I emailed the seller and asked for his phone #, the starting bid was $2000 I talked to him for awhile about the truck, and asked if he would put a buy it now on the truck for $2500 he said no, he had spent the last two hours on the phone with people talking to him about the truck because it was on eBay, he thought the truck would sell for $3000-3500, he told me to call him back the day before the auction ended and maybe if there was not any bids yet, he would put a buy it now on the truck. So the day before it was over I called him, I asked if he would put a buy it now on it yet, he said no, he had spent More time then he thought he would answering emails and phone calls all week about the truck and thought the truck would sell for a lot and get bids in the last few minutes, I said OK I understand and made him one more offer of $3000 for the truck, told him I am in front of my computer right now, and if you want put the buy it now on it and we can get this over with right now. He thanked me for the offer but said, he was going to wait it out. I said OK, talk to you tomorrow. The next morning I got up went to the computer and there was a hour left on the truck, I sat there and sat there hitting refresh, no bids yet. When there was 8 seconds left (still NO bids) I put my bid on the truck, and clicked refresh with my stomach in knots thinking I was going to get outbid. Guess what, I won it, I was the only bidder!! I sent the guy the $2000 for the truck right away and he called me and asked if my offer still stood?? I told him yesterday I would have gave you $3000 for the truck, today though I bought it for $2000 on auction. He was floored that no one else bid and everyone that he talked to was nothing but tire kickers and time wasters!! I saved myself $1000 by waiting the one day and he lost out on $1000.

I dont know the seller of the manifold, just my take on the subject. Enough ranting. Later Matt

Comment

Working...
                    X