Question for Veterans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Veterans

Is there a public website out there that might have a Veteran's military history available? Here's the deal. My Dad ( US Army 27th engineers Bat attached to 11th armored Cav, 1 yr tour, Xuan Loc, Viet Nam) is in an argument (several actually) with his younger brother concerning the brother's past service in the army. My uncle claims to have fought in Viet Nam, exposed to agent orange & suffering of PTSD. Dad claims he (my uncle) was only stationed in Germany & possibly Thailand, but never saw time in Viet Nam.

These two have disagreed over dozens of things for the last 60yrs. Dad says my uncle is a scam artist & considering his recent incarceration (unrelated matter), I tend to agree. Dad (who still has all his military papers) wants to find out how crooked his brother is concerning his "army" past.

Any suggestions?

I figure all military documentation is not open to the public, therefore Dad will never be able to prove my uncle wrong.

Bucky

records

yes it's there, but I don't know how to do it. some one on here will chime in and then I'll be able to check daddy's record in the army. but I believe you have to have ss no. and a discharge no. not sure, so don't bet on it. but I would like to know myself. Dave.

Comment

Have you tried contacting the National Records & Archives Administration?
      John

Comment

Hobbcobble, no I have not, but I will, thanks for the help. Dave.

Comment

Try this...

National Personnel Records Center, St. Louis: Military Personnel Records, SF-180 (If the link doesn't work, just cut and paste... good luck!)

http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/standard-form-180.html

Comment

Working...
          X