Disc brakes & knuckle bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc brakes & knuckle bearings

Part 1 of Kevin Mienke's article on disc brakes and steering knuckle bearings is appearing in the next issue of Power Wagon Advertiser — the May 2010 issue.

Watch for it....
    Attached Files
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

I always hesitate in doing modifications to original equipment, but these disc brakes are outstanding. As for the knuckle, I am enjoying a much smoother, safer ride. Not the least sign of a front end shimmy anymore, and, for the first time since I have owned my truck, I have NO LEAKS ANYWHERE.

I hope the article will provide valuable information to those people that are new to the hobby and some meaningful things to those who have been around forever. As always, I can never stick to technical information alone.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mienke View Post
      I always hesitate in doing modifications to original equipment, but these disc brakes are outstanding. As for the knuckle, I am enjoying a much smoother, safer ride. Not the least sign of a front end shimmy anymore, and, for the first time since I have owned my truck, I have NO LEAKS ANYWHERE.

I hope the article will provide valuable information to those people that are new to the hobby and some meaningful things to those who have been around forever. As always, I can never stick to technical information alone.
      I like the grease container on top of your cabinet, there at Fenway Garage....
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
        I like the grease container on top of your cabinet, there at Fenway Garage....
        That grease container belonged to my Granddad. It dates back to when I was a wide-eyed boy wanting a ride in his big green Power Wagon.

Comment

The Velvet tobacco cans next to the Phillips container were his means of containing an assortment of large nuts and bolts. Smaller nuts and bolts were held in a series of baby food jars attached to the underside of shelves.

I remember all of these things about him even though he passed when I was very young. I remember being in his garage and watching him and dad rebuild a flathead harley motor that literally came to him in bushel baskets. You have heard of a basket case?

Comment

Great, I'll be starting on the axles once I have the frame blasted and primed, so that job is coming up on my rebuild probably this year.

Did you use the Ugly truckling disk kit or make your own?

Either way, I'll be looking forward to the article.

Now I just need a good walkthrough of a differential rebuild, that's the one that has me most intimidated.

Comment

Working...
            X