Image posting and pixel dimension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image posting and pixel dimension

I am going to post a series of images over a range of sizes. Viewers can comment on how the sizes fit their screens. I think, truly, some very useful information could be gained.

This first image is 800 x 600 pixels. It is easy for me to see without reading glasses, but may require some folks to scroll sideways to see the entire image.

320 x 240 gets a little difficult to see on my monitor and requires that I use reading glasses.

Comment

640 x 480. My eyes can see some of the detail in the Aunt Jemima snow lady, but it's not real clear without my reading glasses. Maybe that's a good thing in this case.

Comment

1023 x 683 is ideal for the current setup I have on Momma's imac monitor, but I suspect it is quite large for some and will require scrolling.

Comment

All look good to me

I find any of them fine for my purposes. I don't have to scroll sideways on my large monitor at all. Of course the first and last photos show the best.

Comment

BTW, sweet ride -- I like the Swampers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mienke View Post
              1023 x 683 is ideal for the current setup I have on Momma's imac monitor, but I suspect it is quite large for some and will require scrolling.

This one requires that I scroll sideways.
              Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I am going to post a series of images over a range of sizes. Viewers can comment on how the sizes fit their screens. I think, truly, some very useful information could be gained.

This first image is 800 x 600 pixels. It is easy for me to see without reading glasses, but may require some folks to scroll sideways to see the entire image.

This one is great!

Comment

800 x 600

I prefer the 800 x 600. It seems to fit the screen and give the best over all effect. Thanks for taking the time to start this thread.

Comment

I believe it covers a subject poorly understood by most.

Comment

This image takes up just a little over 1/4 of my work monitor. I have 20 inch monitors, and they are set at a resolution of 1600 x 1200 pixels each. Will check at home.

Comment

I thought the photos were automatically sized when submitted I never did any editing on my photos. Is this a problem?
                        Last edited by Frank Irons; 08-01-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Irons View Post
                          I thought the photos were automatically sized when submitted I never did any editing on my photos. Is this a problem?
                          If you are a magazine subscriber or premium forum user and attach the image to the forum, you are correct. There is a maximum image size and the forum software sizes them.

Kevin is talking about a situation where a person uses a web photo hosting service [usually a service available only for a fee] to store photos, and then links them to posts in the forum.

Your image looks great to me here, and is not too big. Clint's monitor and resolution circumstances may not be typical for home users, given that his setup is for computer drafting in a commercial environment.

Comment

This image takes up about half of my home monitor. 19-inch monitor, screen resolution: 1280x1024 pixels.

Comment

Working...
                            X