X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good stuff....

Good stuff for rifle shooters.

http://appleseedinfo.org/
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Linky

Comment

Gordon,

It sounds like a great program to be involved in. Is the rifleman camp something you're going to do? Or possibly something you've done before?

My gun cabinet is all shotguns except one rimfire rifle...a Remington Model 12. It is a pump action, octagon barrel .22 that belonged to my Grandfather.

Just last week I bought a couple hundred rounds for it in hopes that Colt and I can go do a little rimfire shooting. He has no experience with anything other than his 20 gauge shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mienke View Post
        Gordon,

It sounds like a great program to be involved in. Is the rifleman camp something you're going to do? Or possibly something you've done before?

My gun cabinet is all shotguns except one rimfire rifle...a Remington Model 12. It is a pump action, octagon barrel .22 that belonged to my Grandfather.

Just last week I bought a couple hundred rounds for it in hopes that Colt and I can go do a little rimfire shooting. He has no experience with anything other than his 20 gauge shotgun.
        I just learned of it. I have never attended, but would like to.

Comment

It looks like they are in Farragut, Ia. next weekend. It would be fun to take Colt, but we will be just returning from Baltimore.

Comment

Ripken's Field

It looks like they are in Farragut, Ia. next weekend. It would be fun to take Colt, but we will be just returning from Baltimore.
            Is Colt doing a baseball camp at Cal Ripken's facility?

Comment

Hi Bruce, It's been a while since I've heard from you. I trust all is well after your surgery?

Unfortunately, we aren't going to Baltimore on pleasure. Colt has to go to Johns Hopkins University where they have world renown docs who specialize in Tourette's syndrome. We aren't looking for any miracle cures from medicine, but would like to see if they can tap into the reason his Tourette's symptoms disappear when he is playing baseball and are severe when he's not. If they can figure it out, maybe Colt can build on it and come up with a better way to live with the condition.

Thanks for asking. Take care friend.

Comment

All Is Well

Been working too hard! I had no idea Colt was having these issues, Johns Hopkins is the place for sure, I lived in Baltimore for 37 years.
                Near the hospital itself, is a place called Obriykes, pronounced "O-BREAKIES" (like the ladies hair care products)
                They used to have the BEST steamed crabs & there crab cakes were almost as good as mine, if you like crab, you'al should treat yourself while there? Sports are great medicine, just not as predictable as a pill?
                I checked into the Appleseed program, no space in the Annapolis program...........
                Keep Us In The Loop,

Comment

Jim Eisenreich

Hey Kevin you probably already know about this guy his name is Jim Eisenreich and he played major league baseball for 15 years for several different teams most notably the Phillies back in the early nineties. I just saw baseball and tourettes in you post and remembered about him he has started a foundation and think he even does motivational speeches from what I hear he has some great stories of that group of Phillies that lost the series to Toronto in 93.

Comment

Mr. Eisenreich is a real class act. He is a true role model for Colt to follow. He and his foundation are based in Kansas City, which is only a short drive from where we live. We have had the pleasure of speaking with him on the phone and look forward to meeting him this summer.

I thank you all for keeping Colt in your thoughts and prayers and I apologize for my unintentional sidetrack of this thread. We are leaving for the airport in about an hour. I will keep everyone posted as we move through this challenging time.

Comment

God Speed

Comment

Mr. Eisenreich is a real class act. He is a true role model for Colt to follow. He and his foundation are based in Kansas City, which is only a short drive from where we live. We have had the pleasure of speaking with him on the phone and look forward to meeting him this summer.

I thank you all for keeping Colt in your thoughts and prayers and I apologize for my unintentional sidetrack of this thread. We are leaving for the airport in about an hour. I will keep everyone posted as we move through this challenging time.
                        I am thinking about you and your family.

Comment

Kevin,
                          Do you and Colt have time to catch a baseball game? I do not know if the Orioles are in town then.
                          All the best for a successful visit to Hopkins.

Comment

Kevin...

p.s., show Colt my post about baseball under "the back room".
                            Too bad he is too young to have seen long ball hitters Mantle, Killebrew, Rice and Frank Howard play.

Comment

Working...
                            X