The former owner of your truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The former owner of your truck

I am interested in your written account of the former owner or owners of your Power Wagon or military Dodge; to be published in the magazine, Power Wagon Advertiser.

This is a great idea brought forward by our friend, user 74w300uteline, who will do this with one of his trucks, a former fire truck. A really great idea!

I know some Dodgers have spoken of former owners and how they were interesting or colorful people. There are some good stories to be told. Please write to me at the contact us link below.
    Last edited by Gordon Maney; 05-05-2010, 11:52 AM.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

The former owner of my truck is kinda mad at me since I got most of the electrical gremlins solved and have been driving it around. If he would have just asked I would have helped him work on it but he was fed up with it. BTW this is the second time I have bought a truck from a carpenter made money on the first one even though the trans was shot and would definitely make money on this one if I wanted to sell it. Not to knock any carpenters out there on the board but a pattern does seem to be developing.

Comment

The original owner of my truck was the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It was part of a fleet of identical brush fire trucks used by the forestry department. They were modified with heavily reinforced fenders and plate steel welded around the front fenders, winch, and bumpers. I don't know how many there were, but there used to be a lot of them around.

The governor has just announced that the state is running a billion dollar deficit. Bet they wish they had them all back...

Comment

Old thread I know...But

I would love to know more about the history of my M-37. I KNOW it was part of the 151st Infantry Regiment, and at some point it was yellow. Before I got it somebody did a LOT of body work to pretty it up, and installed Army Corp of Engineers decals on the door, before getting rid of it (presumably) due to a cracked block.

If this sounds familiar (a truck in the North Eastern states with ACOE decals on the doors) I'd LOVE to hear from you!

Comment

I am pretty certain that the original owner of my '52 Power Wagon was the VFD for the town of Kirkwood, N.Y. They used it as their brush truck.
          From the build card I obtained, it was shipped by boat from Detroit to Erie, PA and then sent to a dealer in Carbondale, PA, which is in northeast PA not far from Kirkwood.
          When I bought the truck, it had been through a few owners since the VFD had it, but the doors still had hand painted letters for Kirkwood VFD on them, and there was evidence of where a siren was attached on the left fender as well as where a large flashing light on top of the cab.
          A winch was added at some point as the build card did not indicate that. When I restored it I painted it the same color as it originally had, Dodge deep purple blue.
          I call it Kirkwood.

Comment

Working...
          X