A Night At The Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Night At The Track

Wednesday nights at a local 1/8 mile track is open to the public. People run everything from the family mini van to quads to 7 sec street rods. Earlier this week I decided that I would throw my hat in the ring to see what kind of time I could post with a 33 year old ¾ ton pick up. My best run was 10.98 against a 77 Chevy 1 ton, same year and gears (4.56) as my Adventurer. He had a 54 cube advantage and he crossed the line about a truck length ahead of me. All in all we had a good time and I have a base line time to improve on.

I finally have the cash to start going through my axles (60 fr 70 rear) so I can start my 2wd to 4wd conversion. If all goes well it should be done by Thursday… I just don’t know which Thursday it will be. °}°

man that sounds like a blast and I totally hear the done on Thursday thing

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumJo View Post
      Wednesday nights at a local 1/8 mile track is open to the public. People run everything from the family mini van to quads to 7 sec street rods. Earlier this week I decided that I would throw my hat in the ring to see what kind of time I could post with a 33 year old ¾ ton pick up. My best run was 10.98 against a 77 Chevy 1 ton, same year and gears (4.56) as my Adventurer. He had a 54 cube advantage and he crossed the line about a truck length ahead of me. All in all we had a good time and I have a base line time to improve on.

I finally have the cash to start going through my axles (60 fr 70 rear) so I can start my 2wd to 4wd conversion. If all goes well it should be done by Thursday… I just don’t know which Thursday it will be. °}°
      It is interesting that so many different kinds of things are raced. That would be fun to see.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
      X