Buddy's Jeans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy's Jeans

I have no connection to this company, I just think it is neat they are there doing it.

http://www.buddysjeans.com
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

jEANS

Looks like a good product but there is a problem, "cotton/poly blend". That means I can't wear them. Any of the synthetics next to my skin drive me crazy.

100% cotton or leather is all I can handle. It must be some kind of mild allergy or something.

Dennis

Comment

Interesting

I would like to find a place where I could walk into and try on a few pair. Also would be nice to see how they fit after several washings. Besides differences in fit, different brands of the same size shrink differently.

It is nice to see that they are dark unwashed indigo. Why does every other manufacturer seem to think that everyone wants "prewashed, stone washed, pepper washed, ice washed, acid washed, etc., etc.?"

At one time, I could only buy Levis 517 as nothing else would fit me quite right. Over the past 10 years or so, I have found that I can still wear the Levis, but Lee fits me better and they seem to shrink more proportionately. I have never found a pair of Wranglers that fit me especially after they start to shrink with washings. I also do not like the way Wranglers fade. A little too evenly and almost to an unnatural predetermined level of some designers idea of what is correct for all of us. Levis seem to fade overall too much and too fast, loosing most of their color. Lees still have that classic fade like they always did. Holding the color around the edges and not getting too washed out overall.

Martie calls me a "clothes horse". I don't ride horses. I have no idea what she means by that.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post
        I would like to find a place where I could walk into and try on a few pair. Also would be nice to see how they fit after several washings. Besides differences in fit, different brands of the same size shrink differently.

It is nice to see that they are dark unwashed indigo. Why does every other manufacturer seem to think that everyone wants "prewashed, stone washed, pepper washed, ice washed, acid washed, etc., etc.?"

At one time, I could only buy Levis 517 as nothing else would fit me quite right. Over the past 10 years or so, I have found that I can still wear the Levis, but Lee fits me better and they seem to shrink more proportionately. I have never found a pair of Wranglers that fit me especially after they start to shrink with washings. I also do not like the way Wranglers fade. A little too evenly and almost to an unnatural predetermined level of some designers idea of what is correct for all of us. Levis seem to fade overall too much and too fast, loosing most of their color. Lees still have that classic fade like they always did. Holding the color around the edges and not getting too washed out overall.

Martie calls me a "clothes horse". I don't ride horses. I have no idea what she means by that.
        For many years I wore Lees. They were heavy fabric and certainly dark blue when new. Other manufacturers were making pants designed to look faded when new. I did not understand that. My feeling was that you wear your own pants, you don't buy them pre-worn.

Then, for some reason I cannot recall, I switched to Levi. In recent times I have purchased Carhartt.

I don't think these pants are available in any way other than from their central store. Live dangerously. Try a pair.

She means you are a fashion plate, cover boy.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Gordon, it's the HAT. LOL See you both soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
            For many years I wore Lees. They were heavy fabric and certainly dark blue when new. Other manufacturers were making pants designed to look faded when new. I did not understand that. My feeling was that you wear your own pants, you don't buy them pre-worn.

Then, for some reason I cannot recall, I switched to Levi. In recent times I have purchased Carhartt.

I don't think these pants are available in any way other than from their central store. Live dangerously. Try a pair.

She means you are a fashion plate, cover boy.
            I asked Martie to explain what she meant by "clothes horse." Her explanation soon turned to the subject of that of a related animal. She said when it came to buying clothes, "I could be a real jackass." Now I am really confused.

I think I like your explanation better Gordon.

Comment

I've done some business with:
              www.pointerbrand.com
              John

Comment

Working...
              X