Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do your friends think about your PW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do your friends think about your PW?

My friends think it's cool because it's so big. They also think it's so awesome that I can drive stick (sigh). However, they still can't understand the concept of double clutching.

Well you're just one up on them in that case. Leave a little mystery like that in your life and people will be amazed. Nice truck you can be proud of the rest of your life. Stay safe and have fun. And don't let just anyone try to drive it.

Comment

My ex-girlfriend thinks it's ugly (in it's unrestored form), and all my friends think I'm crazy for taking on a project like this, but they all admit they are cool looking trucks and are at interested in seeing the final product.

Comment

My son is about your age. The truck creates a stir when its parked in the school lot. It stands tall amongst the mass of sports cars and SUVs that most kids drive. It has a style about it that the other trucks can't compete with.

Comment

Originally posted by chance9888 View Post
          My friends think it's cool because it's so big. They also think it's so awesome that I can drive stick (sigh). However, they still can't understand the concept of double clutching.
          I have two seperate and distinctly different sets of friends - those who have an interest in Power-Wagons, and those who do not. The one set of friends who are into Power-Wagons admire my trucks for the same reasons I do. As a group, we also find that we have a lot more in common than just an interest in the trucks, though if it had not been for the trucks, we may never have met. This set of friends is by far the larger of the two groups.

Those friends of mine that have no interest in the trucks also have no understanding of them, how it is possible that anyone could like them, and appear distanced from the whole concept in general. I feel they are missing out on some of the finer things in life.

As a side note, I just wanted to say that I like your truck and that it is nice to see someone developing an interest in them who is about the same age as I was when I got started. For me, they quickly became my anchor and helped to define who I am.

Comment

Trucks & Friends

I'm in the same boat as CD, only I have three groups of Buds, work (culinary), neighbors & lifetime Buds.
            Most of them feign some interest, one of my work buds is quite helpful and has passed a few skills onto me that have come in very handy, welding & wiring to be more specific.
            The rest of them simply call it "The Army Truck".

Comment

depends on the season

my friends,relatives and neighbors seem to love me & my trucks during the winter. I volunteer with the local hospital to shuttle nurses between home and work during heavy heavy snowstorms.

Comment

Just about everyone is enamored with the PW's looks, but some get pretty disappointed if they ride in it, even more so if they try and drive it. You know, it's a little slow and noisy, compared to those new Silverados. Not to mention hard to steer with a cell phone in one hand, and a latte in the other.

I used to use the truck a lot, and once in awhile I'd let someone else drive it for one reason or another. It was a good test of character. If they handled the truck with care and finesse, they got to be members of the club. If they tried to manhandle it or force things, they were off the list.

Comment

they think I am crazy for blowing 1000$ on a 1962 m37 that is rusted out and did not even run to use as a plow vehicle. I try to explain that i am tired of destroying f-150's. no matter how much time or money I put into an 88 f-150 it is still just an 88 p.o.s. At least with the m37 I feel like i am makeing positive progresss toward haveing something that is worth its salt as a piece of equiptment that i can use and maintain. they do think it is neat and unique. but I have not invited any to go for a ride.

Comment

My friends haven't even seen it yet, but they are looking forward to it coming home, while my wife got to see it, and even said something that I'm willing to bet that the VAST majority of folks on here can only WISH to hear... "That is COOL!!!! Big and ugly, but COOL!!!!"

Comment

they all love it especially when i drag them out of a sticky situation

Comment

Working...
                      X