October 2010 issue of the PWA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 2010 issue of the PWA

I would like to go on record as saying that while all the PWA issues are top notch this latest issue surpasses most of the others. The Sitting on the Tailgate article is so.....easy to relate to for me and I'm sure for others. I grew up only knowing men who went work in work clothes or uniforms. That's just the way it was. Back then there was no multi tasking, people just "knew" how to do things. The tale of Large Marge has been a good story to follow. Who hasn't lost a little religion working on that stubborn part that won't fit just right? I'd love to see this truck of Matt's when it's done with a 426W, how cool is that? And there are definately not enough articles about Sweptlines. As if this were not enough it's all wrapped up by Kevin Mienke who cannot write a bad article. Gordon you are to be commended for putting together another outstanding issue of the Power Wagon Advertiser.

Ron, you are a heck of a guy! Thank you so much for the kind words.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Good issue. I "work" for a living too. I have work clothes, they get paint all them in a short period of time. And No I'm not that messy, the type of environment I'm in is though.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
        Ron, you are a heck of a guy! Thank you so much for the kind words.
        I just call it like I see it Gordon. I am most comfortable in my everyday work clothes and boots. When I see someone who knows me and I'm not "in uniform" I get comments like "I didn't recognize you, or You clean up well". I hope the stories keep coming in and you continue your wisdom on the Tailgate.

Comment

Lucky to have uniforms with my name on them, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
            As if this were not enough it's all wrapped up by Kevin Mienke who cannot write a bad article.
            Thanks for the kind words Ron. I consider it a real honor to be a part of the magazine. Sometimes I write while wearing my work pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mienke View Post
              Thanks for the kind words Ron. I consider it a real honor to be a part of the magazine. Sometimes I write while wearing my work pants.
              I am a little afraid to ask what you are wearing the rest of the time.

Comment

Kevin, when I wrote my first article and saw my name in print it was a great feeling. Of course the real surprise was when I saw my truck on the cover after my first rally. The caption read Power Giant photographed at the 2001 Iowa rally. I could hardly believe it when I saw that Nov 2001 issue on my kitchen table. I had to leave on Friday to make my son's high school graduation. It's been a fun and rewarding trip since then. I look forward to reading the PWA for many years to come and contributing when I can.

Comment

The article about work clothes is kind of a lesson about what is wrong with our country today. I see that society as a whole looks down on people who wear work clothes as being dirty and below the mainstream society, unlike how it was when I was growing up.
                  I still have respect for those who work with their hands and the talents and knowledge that they posess. I realize that we need both skilled trades people as well as "proffesional people" which is what my folks called those who didn't earn their living with their hands.
                  The biggest mistake in America today is that our young people are not taught in the educational system that college is not for everyone
                  While I enjoy each and every issue of the Power Wagon Advertiser, I am of the opinion that this is the best issue that I have read. I look forward to seeing the magazine in my mailbox and reading it every month. Keep up the good work
                  Thanks to all who write the articles that I look forward to each month!
                  Tom

Comment

Thank you for the wonderful compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by DB69 View Post
                      While I enjoy each and every issue of the Power Wagon Advertiser, I am of the opinion that this is the best issue that I have read. I look forward to seeing the magazine in my mailbox and reading it every month. Keep up the good work
                      Thanks to all who write the articles that I look forward to each month!
                      Tom
                      The PWA is more than a magazine about Dodge trucks. It is a cultural icon. Keep up the good work, guys.

Comment

All of the above!

My Mom used to run after me and hold me back to keep me from getting run over any passing trucks, tractors or other machines at the tender age of two. I had this tendency to make a mad dash in the direction of the engine noise without a thought for my safety.

The very idea of spending a life time behind a desk never even crossed my mind until I met people that actually went to an office to make their living by doing paper work. Now as I am approaching 50 years of age I find more of my time is spent at my desk than I ever thought possible. However when time permits and I am in my home shop working on an old fender or other task required to restore an old Power Wagon I feel like I am doing exactly what I was made to to do. The stresses and pressures of running a business melt away and ! come out of my shop with dirt under my fingernails, greasy coveralls and a peace of mind that is worth every ounce of sweat and every tired muscle.

I don't know of any other publication that speaks to my specific outlook on life like the PWA does. I to look forward to sitting on the tailgate with Gordon as he weaves a tail of intrigue and experience that relates to life with a rare sense of practicality!

Kevin is also a gifted writer with the ability to invite you into his kitchen to share a cup of hot coffee with his wonderful family all the while hearing Kevin's honest and transparent stories of learning from his Father the important things in life!

Comment

Working...
                        X