The cachet of a flatfender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cachet of a flatfender

I took my '52 power wagon restoration project "Kirkwood" out for its maiden drive last week. On one of the first trips my son came with me to go to the gas station.
    As I was filling up a guy pulled up at the adjacent pump in a Honda Spyder convertable. Looking over as he got out, he smiled and said, "that is one bad a*# truck!!".
    What a compliment! I believe the power wagon makes anything new like the Hummer H2 or Land Rover look wimpy in comparison.
    Attached Files

Yes, it's a real truck.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Yes it is.
      I noticed today in the Ebay ads for PW's, a guy wrote in his advertisement description "you don't have to to hang the (fake) bull balls on this truck".
      I guess that says something too.

Comment

Nice!!

How inspiring, to hear abut the first drive on a revived Power Wagon!
        Nice work, now to clean up my shop after a summer of Honda and Nissan projects my boys dragged through the shop and paint booth.

Comment

Your truck is excellent!
          John

Comment

Thank you Gordon, Jake and Hobcobble.
            Yes it is very satisfying to be finally done, and being somewhat of a perfectionist on my hobby things I enjoy it when others appreciate the work that went into it.
            BTW, Kirkwood stands for the Kirkwood, N.Y. VFD. Kirkwood is a small town outside Binghamton. I guess they used this truck for two-three decades at least.

Comment

Working...
            X