Don't be a Neanderthal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be a Neanderthal...

This phrase seems to be a running theme for the Advertiser these days. It is truly a dictum to live by.

For example, not more than an hour and a half ago, I was trying to change a tire on an old Vanagon. I only had a set of Craftsman tools, the jack out of my truck, and the spare tire. I took a 19mm socket (which was the correct one) and a 3/8in ratchet (which, I knew, was woefully inadequate). The lugs were tight, so I grabbed the tire tool from my truck and used it as a pull handle.

To make a long story short, I will be going to Sears soon to test out their lifetime guarantee on their tools.

Now that I have lost a bit of dignity, and skin off my left hand, I feel like creating a support group here. Go ahead, share your story, let it out. You'll feel better.

I'll begin...My name is JStinson, and today...I was a Neanderthal.

Sears doesnt care what you do to their tools. They will replace them pretty much no matter what.
    But yeah, a cheater on a 3/8 ratchet is something you only do once! Its better to learn those lessons away from crowds if possible so you only have to deal with physical scarring, instead of both physical and emotional scarring.

Comment

This isn't exactly neanderthal but it was both expensive and educational.
      Assumption (As my father would have said) "is the Mother of all F!@#up's"
      Never assume that your pivot irrigation sprinkler wont be able to travel further than the time it will take you to run to the house to use the bathroom.
      Guy's if you forget to shut the sprinkler off at least park the bailer off the field!
      Trust me I learned this the hard way!
      And as far as scarring goes, Imagine having to ask your wife to help you get this pile of... Stuff off the bailer and help you fix the sprinkler!!!
      Ten years ago, And I still hear about it every time I come in the house during haying!
      Attached Files

Comment

I wrecked my first truck at age 20 (1983).Earlier this year my 17 year old wrecked his first truck.Same wreck,same damage even bent the frame in the same place.Some things never change.

Comment

BrightRanch...That &#!@ up is nothing short of spectacular. Well done!

Comment

Working...
          X