Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad

Those of you who read the back page of the PWA each month know that my dad has been in a battle with emphysema for quite awhile. It is over now. He passed peacefully Friday night with his family by his side.

During the long battle, his wit and wisdom captured my imagination. I was captivated by his enjoyment of life in the face of death. Right to the very end he spoke of positive things and the beauty of having the will to face the battle.

I want to thank the many, many people who have sent support to me and my family. We will continue to see his name from time to time in the PWA. He had much to offer.

I am tired now and have a lot of things to do for mom. I will be back online when I can. Peace. Kev

Kevin,

So sorry to hear of your loss, ...I"ve enjoyed all your articles about your Dad and know how special your relationship was....I miss my Dad every day an hold his memories close to my heart. My thoughts are with you, momma and Colt.

Comment

Kevin,
      Sorry for your loss. We will be praying for you and your family. I can still remember how hard it was when my father passed away, even though it has been 25 years since his passing.
      Jeff

Comment

your family is in my prayers

Kevin,
        I am sorry for your loss. I recall some of your stories about him.

I am lucky. I spent the past couple of days with both my parents. They are @ 70 and have a lot of habits that get on my nerves, but as we age I am able to overlook those things, just as they have been able to put up with me for 42 years.

I helped Dad (ok he helped me) replace his Genie garage door opener today. He already had the new one assembled & just wanted a hand taking down the old one & hanging the new one. But we got 'er all knocked out, even rigged up the safety lasers properly. While years ago hanging a garage door opener with Dad wouldn't mean much to me, I realize that I will someday look back upon today as what it truly was..... a gift.

So many don't even have dads anymore, some never did. I appreciate mine & know that you did yours too.

Hang tough Kevin Mienke!

Bucky

Comment

Our prayers are with you and the family Kevin; God says he'll offer us peace that passes all human understanding; all we have to do is ask.

Comment

Sad News

Hey Kevin,
            I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your Dad, my thoughts and prayers go out to you & yours.

Comment

Hey Kevin,

I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad. I wish you and your family all the best.

Comment

Kevin I truly understand where you are coming from and my heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family. It's been 22 years for me since my dad passed and the memories are still fresh. God bless.

Comment

Kevin, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father.
                  The story's of you and your father touched me deeply and brought many memories of my own father back to me.
                  Thank you for that.
                  May God be with you and your family during this time of sorrow.

Comment

Kevin,
                    Please accept our condolences on the loss of your father.

TGP
                    WDX & Misc. Pics.
                    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
                    "47" Dodge WDX WW
                    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                    "54" Willys M38A1
                    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
                    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
                    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
                    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
                    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
                    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Kevin, I am saddened to learn of the passing of your father. I know how important he is to you. What I know is that he will be there beside you as you work, as you regard situations in life, and when you choose to walk in the rain. Ken taught me all that.

Find comfort in the thought that he can rest now.
                      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Kevin,
                        I am sorry to learn of your dad's passing.
                        It is great that you were able to continue your close relationship with him to the very end. Many people are seperated from their parent by physical or emotional distance; you did not have that problem.
                        I know your dad will live on in your stories you tell very eloquently in the PWA.
                        Dave

Comment

Kevin,

I've lost both my parents and I know how hard it is for you now. Stay strong for the rest of the family.

Comment

Kevin,

I am sorry to hear of the passing of your father. I enjoyed reading your stories about him and what a great inspiration he was to you.

Kevin

Comment

Very sad news Kevin, You and your family will be in our thoughts tonight.
                              It was fortunate that you were able to spend so much time with him this past year.

Bob Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X