Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innovation Amplified

Originally posted by Bob Thompson View Post
    I have a Peavey too. But I plug my guitar into it. ;-)
    Do you play out?
    What kind of music do you play?

I play mostly finger picking styles . Piedmont is my favorite . I use the amp mostly for slide playing. I haven't been in a band for decades, I play to amuse myself and annoy others. I also play fiddle , five string banjo and Uilleann pipes. So I can make a lot of noise.

How did you get did you get a "quote" to jump to a new topic? I've never seen that.

Comment

I play mostly finger picking styles . Piedmont is my favorite . I use the amp mostly for slide playing. I haven't been in a band for decades, I play to amuse myself and annoy others. I also play fiddle , five string banjo and Uilleann pipes. So I can make a lot of noise.

How did you get did you get a "quote" to jump to a new topic? I've never seen that.
      I have never heard of these. What does that term mean?
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Uilleann pipes are also called the "Irish pipes" , It's a type of bagpipe that uses a bellows instead of lung power. There are other differences but that's the main one. You would be suprised how often they are used in modern music.

Comment

Uilleann pipes are also called the "Irish pipes" , It's a type of bagpipe that uses a bellows instead of lung power. There are other differences but that's the main one. You would be surprised how often they are used in modern music.
          What operates the bellows?

Comment

What I did is click on the "quote" field, copy the quote then paste the quote in a new thread. I'd rather do this than hijack an existing post.

It's great that you are musically inclined. Music is a very big part of my life, I do not play but I enjoy to listen. Currently my iTunes music file is 118.5 GB in size. That is 20,850 songs that would play for 70 days (24/7) with out a repeat.

I also enjoy live music, I catch a local act once a month at my favorite haunt.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumJo View Post
              What I did is click on the "quote" field, copy the quote then paste the quote in a new thread. I'd rather do this than hijack an existing post.
              It is a great idea; I have seen you do it before.

It's great that you are musically inclined. Music is a very big part of my life, I do not play but I enjoy to listen. Currently my iTunes music file is 118.5 GB in size. That is 20,850 songs that would play for 70 days (24/7) with out a repeat.
              Wow. I have 54.4 Gb of documents [not software] on my computer used to publish the magazine. Wow. That is a lot of music. :-)

Do you have it backed up somewhere?

Comment

All of my applications are on a 250 GB internal hard drive backed up by a 320 GB internal. All other files are on a 1 TB external hard drive which is backed up by another 1TB external.

Comment

All of my applications are on a 250 GB internal hard drive backed up by a 320 GB internal. All other files are on a 1 TB external hard drive which is backed up by another 1TB external.
                  Wow, That's a lot of songs. I have about 1500 CD's, I don't know what that equates to in data storage terms but I doubt it comes anywhere near your collection. I am sorry to admit I don't own an I-pod or similar device. The one I did have was cumbersome for me to operate do to the relative size of the device and my hands. Also the software was perplexing to me at the time. I wasn't able to group songs in albums in the order that I wanted hear them. I guess that's the downside of being a "Luddite".
                  I'm curious about what type of music you have stored. Very few of my own Cd's are mainstream music. My tastes run to the peculiar I must admit.
                  I wonder, are your musical tastes are widespread and diverse?

Thanks for explaining that little trick with the quote . That's a good way to go off on a tangent when it's important to stay on topic within a thread. A lot of threads are like an open evolving conversations that change topic as they go, but some need to stay on track and this is a good way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                    What operates the bellows?
                    You would use your left arm in what I would describe as a very slowly flapping chicken wing, You finger the chanter with your right and left hand. The mechanics are not completely unlike the accordian in nature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF3fW4Nox9U
                    Last edited by Bob Thompson; 12-21-2010, 09:36 PM. Reason: added a link

Comment

1.500 cd's at about 10 songs per disk is right up there with having your own personal radio station. iTunes is an excellent program for keeping your music organized and accessible. It is very easy to use, works with Apple OS & windows and it's free download from Apple. An iPod Classic, $250, will hold 160GB of music, which is my entire collection and room for more.

The Genres music I have are Alternative & Punk, Blues, Classic Rock, Classical, Electronica/Dance, Folk, Fusion, Industrial, Jazz, Latin, Metal, New Age, Pop, Progressive, R&B, Reggae, Rock and Sound Track. Most of the music I enjoy revolves around a good lead guitar.

Comment

1.500 cd's at about 10 songs per disk is right up there with having your own personal radio station. iTunes is an excellent program for keeping your music organized and accessible. It is very easy to use, works with Apple OS & windows and it's free download from Apple. An iPod Classic, $250, will hold 160GB of music, which is my entire collection and room for more.

The Genres music I have are Alternative & Punk, Blues, Classic Rock, Classical, Electronica/Dance, Folk, Fusion, Industrial, Jazz, Latin, Metal, New Age, Pop, Progressive, R&B, Reggae, Rock and Sound Track. Most of the music I enjoy revolves around a good lead guitar.
                        I did not notice country or rap in your list. Surely you just forgot those....

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                          I did not notice country or rap in your list. Surely you just forgot those....
                          Sure did, forgot them right at the store.

Elwood: What kind of music do you usually have here?
                          Claire: Oh, we got both kinds. We got country and western.

Jake: Car's got a lot of pickup.
                          Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Two of my favorite lines from the Blues Brothers.

Comment

Sure did, forgot them right at the store.

Elwood: What kind of music do you usually have here?
                            Claire: Oh, we got both kinds. We got country and western.

Jake: Car's got a lot of pickup.
                            Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Two of my favorite lines from the Blues Brothers.

hahaha

Comment

Keep in mind some are duplicates and classical , I think I have six different versions of "The four seasons" and other Vivaldi works . Plus similar duplicates with Bach , Mozart, Beethoven and others. Overall my collection is pretty eclectic. While I embrace most of the styles you mentioned I have been exposed to some rather obscure forms. Tuva houmi singers of Mongolia, Indonesian gamalon music, Indian and Pakistani music I have even found some rap music I enjoy , it is however from Benin and Niger and consequently in french (not my favorite language). While I'm typing this les Mysteres voix Bulgares is playing "Todora/Theodora is sleeping" . Needless to say , I like the wierd stuff . I also have a fair number of country cd's.
                              I too am a fan of the Blues bros. films. I can't watch them without thinking about all the greats that have passed on. But BB King is still going strong, I plan on catching him in Reno in Feb.

Comment

Working...
                              X