My Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dad

My Dad passed away Sunday morning. It was not unexpected, but still a shock.

Others have written in this forum about the Great Men in their lives. I have had the privilege of being guided by a number of Great Men, but my Dad was always the Greatest.

Dad was a pretty good carpenter, cook, and gardener. He had a working class upbringing, but his calling in life was always education. He was always concerned with helping young people reach their potential, including his three sons.

Dad did a lot of work with disadvantaged or handicapped people. But, he never coddled or enabled anyone. Try and find someone like that in the education field today. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

Dad was not afraid of work of any sort. On many occasions, he assisted me in my efforts to overload the Power Wagon. The springs will tell you we never succeeded, though the brakes might disagree.

There are a lot of people in our house these days, but there is still a void. A big one.

Hey Nick,

So sorry to hear about your dad. You're in our thoughts in your tough time. It's a blessing that you have good memories of him, but I can imagine that your pain is great.

Be sure to think of him every time you and your sons load the old PW with more than it could reasonably carry.

Comment

Our condolence, prayers are with you and the family. Charles

Comment

Nick,

Sorry to hear of the passing of your dad. I'm sure he was happy to get to see the arrival of your daughter.

Joe

Comment

In our prayers

Sorry for your loss.... I am blessed to still have both of my parents. Keep your dad's memory alive & also take note that all the other loved ones around you aren't to be taken for granted.

Sharing stories here about him will help with the healing & benefit us as well.

Bucky

Comment

You offered comforting words when my dad passed a few months ago. In return I’ll offer you something that might provide a measure of comfort.

The way you talk about him reveals he left you with memories that will last a lifetime. He left you with values and morals you can employ everyday. In a very real sense he will be with you all of your days; a rich inheritance for sure. Take all that he has given you and pass it on to your kids.

I can tell you from experience that there is nothing quite like watching your son and seeing your dad in him.

Comment

Nick,
              My condolences also.
              I like what you said about your dad helping his sons reach their potential. That is what my father has tried to do for us three boys too.
              I am trying to pass on to my kids what my dad taught me about life.

Comment

Nick,
                I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your father. As you said, even when you know it's coming it is still a shock.
                You have my deepest condolences. I hope your fond memories will see you through this difficult time

Bob Thompson

Comment

You will now be the teacher of many things he taught you, and it is a way to honor him. I understand your sadness, and yet one day you will come to celebrate how he is still with you in so many ways.

Peace.
                  Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                    You will now be the teacher of many things he taught you, and it is a way to honor him. I understand your sadness, and yet one day you will come to celebrate how he is still with you in so many ways.

Peace.
                    I can only but second this a thousand times over. You have my deepest sympathy in the loss of your Dad, Nick, Having lost both parents over the past 30 years I can say that they are both so much with me in many ways each and every day of my life, seldom a day goes by that I don't use and remember the things they both taught me
                    Tom

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My
                      condolences go out to you and
                      your family.
                      John

Comment

Many, many, thanks to all.

We have been overwhelmed by all the cards, letters, visitors, prayers, and food over the last few weeks.

As for this forum, well, the quality of the people and what you have all said speaks for itself.

Hope to see you at the rally.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                        X