Be careful who you loan your tools to:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful who you loan your tools to:

One of my neighbors came by friday evening to bum a chainsaw .
    I had to tell him that I had dropped it by the lawnmower shop for repair . I had loaned it out sometime back and forgot to drain it when it was returned.
    I didn't feel comfortable loaning out the 24" Husky it can easily get away from a novice or even an experienced operater.
    Sunday evening his son showed up at my door with a chainsaw and fuel can.
    I had to explain to him that it wasn't mine and asked why his Dad wasn't doing this. He informed me that the saw had bucked and caught him in the chin and face , in the process it tore him up pretty bad. He'll live but his modeling days are done.
    I recognized the chainsaw and showed the boy where to take it. Together we told Travis what had happened. After the boy left I told Travis he might consider contacting his insurance agent and his attorney just in case. The injured neighbor is just the kind of goof that would drag the owner of the saw into a lawsuit against the manufacturer.

Depends on who the asker is & what tool they want. Glad your saw was in the shop.

Sometimes I'd rather go do it for someone than loan them my stuff. I'm too picky about certain things.

Bucky

Comment

I concur Bucky. If I don't think they can operate it without damage to them or the tool.They don't get it, or they get me in the bargain.

Comment

I'm with you guys on this as well.
        Things like chainsaws, torches, welders,
        etc. don't leave home without me.
        John

Comment

Worrisome

I'm of the same ilk, bring it here, or pay someone else to do the fixing.
          I worry about my son using it, but he's learned a lot from my pop & myself, as well as my father in-law.
          He's become a great arborist/ tree removal guy.

Comment

Working...
          X