Interloper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interloper

My wife and I stopped by the pharmacy today so she could pick up a couple prescriptions. I dutifully waited in the car and worked on the crossword. After approximately twenty minutes had passed I heard the rustle of poly bags and a hand on the door handle. The door swung open and I was presented with two poly bags and a voice said "I found some of that coconut candy you like"
    I was dumbfounded, I despise coconut and have been allergic to it since childhood. I started to protest but the voice informed me that our next stop would be the "Panda Wok" . I often indulge my wifes penchant for chinese food so this was not unusual except for the form, we generally don't give each other orders.
    I folded the paper and looked for the first time at the passenger seat , I was surprised to find a complete stranger sitting in my wifes place , She was of similar build and appearance and her voice was uncannily like my wifes. But she was not my wife.
    At this point I looked out the windshield and there stood my wife looking between two nearly identical Chryslers with a perplexed look on her face. She could see the driver of the other car was not me, but she was confused by the number of occupants in ours.
    During this time the woman in our car had been nattering and became impatient that I hadn't gotten underway. I finally had to ask her ( when I could get a word in) "have you noticed anything unusual about the car?'
    She peered about the interior and said no. I said "more specifically me?"
    At this point she actually focused on me and promptly shrieked "What are you doing in my car?!" As my wife approached my window I explained that it was our car, and that my best guess was that she would find her husband in the car across the isle. I had to remind her to take her shopping with her especially the coconut when she departed.
    I invited my wife to take the now vacant seat and we had a pretty good chuckle about the whole thing. We sat chatting for a couple minutes when I heard someone clearing their throat. When I turned to see who it was I found the driver of the other car standing there looking a bit puzzled. He expressed his heartfelt apologies and inquired "What did you say to my wife? shes never been this quiet in our entire marriage." I said it was my wife actually, she had told the women she would have to stick with her own husband because she didn't have the energy to train a new one.
    Before we headed home my wife handed me a box of my favorite licorice toffees. It's nice to have someone who knows you so well.
    By the way a few days back, we just passed our thirty-first year together.

That is a good story.

Bucky

Comment

Hilarious.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

That was a hoot Bob!

Comment

That was a fun read, thanks for posting it.

Comment

One day when I was about seven years old I took the typical, Saturday morning ride with my father in our maroon, 1948 Plymouth, 2-door sedan. We would run errands, picking things up needed at home.

We stopped at one particular store, parking at the curb. Recall, there were no strip malls with parking lots, no convenience stores, none of that. This would have been 1957.

I got out the passenger side, shut the door, and we went inside. After my father bought whatever it was we went there to get, we wandered out of the store to return to the car.

I walked directly over to the maroon, 1948 Plymouth, 2-door sedan that was parked there and opened the door. I was shocked to find a peck basket of green beans on [what I thought was] my seat. I froze, confused and startled.

I looked to the right and there was my father -- who had not noticed what I was doing -- getting into the driver's side door of yet another maroon, 1948 Plymouth, 2-door sedan. I was astounded.

I shut the door on the beans, ran over to our car and jumped in. I began to realize how funny it was, and started laughing as I told him what had happened. I laughed all the way home. It was inconceivable to me that there could be another car just like ours.
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Back in '89 I had a Red, T-top 5.0 Mustang GT.My girl friend at time was in a strange mood that evening when I stopped to ...visit.She said she had been mad at me all day cause she had seen my car going down the road with some blonde(other than her)in it.She said she realized it wasn't my car when she saw the neighboring states plates on the front but for a moment she was so mad she still hadn't got over it.I married her anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X