Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power back on, 6 days - Irene

Got the power back this a.m.
    Tremendous devastation up and down the east coast. THe number of trees down is staggering. Much worse than Isabel several years ago, and I thought that was bad.
    The power of a hurricane is really hard to appreciate except to see what destruction they can do.
    My chain saw has been worked hard as well as the generator.
    Thankfully, there has been no one hurt in my family or with the neighbors, and our house was not damaged. That is what is really important, "things" not so much.

Hello Dave,
    Glad you're getting back to normal. I will go to post office in the morning & get that winch handle on its way to you.
    Bucky

Comment

Dave,

Up here is Mass we were out 5 days without power and just got phone and internet back last night......I sure hope those out of state power companys don't leave just yet....Katia looks to be taking aim at us for next weekend, Irene was just the opening act....

Comment

Say it ain't so please!
        I think that New England had more of the floods, but down here, it is like a war zone with the number of trees down. We got over 10 inches of rain with Irene. A lot of it was early in the storm, then the high winds did there thing and the trees roots could not hold.

Comment

I'm sure glad you guys are ok. We have flooding here in Fl., but not like in other states so I was totally dumbfounded when the reports started coming in about what was happening. I never thought the devastation and deaths would have been what was reported.

Comment

Irene

If you guys don't mind please send some of that rain to the PW folks in Texas. The area I live in is 27" behind in rain, The lake I live on is 3' down and all the trees are dying.

So if you don't mind we wold like some rain.

I went thru Ike and was without power for 3-weeks, thank goodness for my backup generator.

At least the over 100 degree days have stopped?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob2 View Post
              If you guys don't mind please send some of that rain to the PW folks in Texas. The area I live in is 27" behind in rain, The lake I live on is 3' down and all the trees are dying.

So if you don't mind we wold like some rain.

I went thru Ike and was without power for 3-weeks, thank goodness for my backup generator.

At least the over 100 degree days have stopped?
              Yes, we had 98 or 99 days of 100+ temps, around 70 of those were 105 or higher.

And other than 2 snows this past Winter just a few inches of rain in the last year. Everything is dead, no water, plenty of fire & wind.

Todays 85 represents a 20 degree drop from what we've had for over 3 months, feels good.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
                Yes, we had 98 or 99 days of 100+ temps, around 70 of those were 105 or higher.

And other than 2 snows this past Winter just a few inches of rain in the last year. Everything is dead, no water, plenty of fire & wind.

Todays 85 represents a 20 degree drop from what we've had for over 3 months, feels good.

Bucky

Wow....
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Dave and Bucky and all those in weather troubled areas , I wish you well and hope you come out okay. Weather in Akron Oh. was kind of screwy the other day.
                  Currently So.Cal is trying to catch fire just about everywhere. It's going to be a tough fire season I suspect.
                  I don't think any part of the country is getting off easy right now.
                  Perservere.

Comment

Similar Situation

We went w/o for eight days, got the power back Sunday evening @ 8:30. It was like camping in-doors?
                    I guess it could have been much worst, sounds like New England really took it on the chin, then some!

Comment

Working...
                    X