Hope everyone is OK in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope everyone is OK in Texas

I know that there are members here from Texas and I just want to say that I hope all is well. I heard on the news that they are asking for help from all over, even retired firefighters are encouraged.

Nothing big burning close to us. However, the air is full of smoke that is blowing in from east, and south Texas fires. It gives a person kind of a weird feeling, like there is a fire just out on the edge of town. It is very bad here for folks with lung problems.
    Jeff

Comment

OK, in Onalaska, TX smoke is a little thick but, no fires in the piney woods of east Texas to speak of.

Could you send us a little rain if you can spare it.

Bob

Comment

Thanks

We have lotsa grass fires & a big woods fire at Possum Kingdom lake, about 80 miles South. The further West in Tx you go the less stuff (foliage) there is to worry about burning.

While the fires do immediate damage & are a great danger, the drought is wiping out all crops, grass & water for livestock, etc. The long term effect of that will be felt nation wide.

It is cooler here, but oh so dry.

Bucky

Comment

I saw the winds were dying down but it was reported that the fire jumped the Colorado river. I wish that I could send some of the rain from here to help. God bless all.

Comment

Working...
          X