Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a Trailer Friday

$1300

Seems OK, bearings good with lots of grease, needs some deck work, pull up that 3/4 plywood and ck out the timber floor. Back of the ramps will be impossible to see at night on a dark road., need to solve that issue. Tags next.

Originally posted by carter davidson View Post
    Back of the ramps will be impossible to see at night on a dark road., need to solve that issue. Tags next.
    Reflective tape.

Comment

Very nice, looks heavy duty.

Comment

I must say, I envy you.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

QuantumJo, thought that would be a good idea also, might have a local source, need to check on that.

JStinson, 10000 # capacity but the dump truck is to light to pull that much safely.

Thanks Gordon, been looking for a while, need to haul my tractor to clear some land I bought.

Comment

That sounds like good fun.
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

That's a nice healthy looking trailer. Congrats on your aquisition.
              How many schnauzers will it haul? Or is it airdales? ;-)

Comment

One minature schnauzer per cubic foot.

Comment

Why is the truck not heavy enough for the loaded trailer? It is a 1 ton truck isn't it? Has a V8, 4 speed manual?? As long as you have good electric brakes on the trailer, you should have no problem. Heck, I routinely pull a gooseneck tandem dual flatbed, loaded with 14,000 Lbs of wood, behind my 1 ton Dodge dually flatbed.
                  That one ton should be able to handle 10,000 easy, unless there is some problem with the truck trans/engine/rear end.
                  Nice trailer, load er up and go.
                  Jeff

QuantumJo, thought that would be a good idea also, might have a local source, need to check on that.

JStinson, 10000 # capacity but the dump truck is to light to pull that much safely.

Thanks Gordon, been looking for a while, need to haul my tractor to clear some land I bought.

Comment

Just thought a heavier vehicle might be needed if loaded with am M37 but pulling the tractor gives me no worries as it is lighter than the truck.

Comment

Hauling the M37 should not be a problem. I had an M37 and hauled it around with my Dodge 3/4 ton pickup. My trailer had two, 5200 Lb. axles, and electric brakes. I think you will be in good shape with that rig. you can check when loading the M37 and see which way you get the best balanced load. Try loading it facing the front. Then, try loading it facing the back. See which way leaves the truck and trailer balanced the best.
                      Jeff

Comment

Just thought a heavier vehicle might be needed if loaded with am M37 but pulling the tractor gives me no worries as it is lighter than the truck.
                        Just remember, you'll find most every semi that is loaded is pulling more weight than the pull vehicle. Wheel brakes and awareness goes a long way.

Comment

Thanks guys, I have pulled trailers before and am aware of loading and balance but back then I was pulling either a 2 or 3 axle equipment trailers loaded with sod or my MF 65 tractor/loader using a International 1700 Dump or a Ford F500 flatbed and never had a problem. Just wondered about a Chev. 1 ton dump doing the same thing but with less weight than I used to haul.

Comment

Finally passed trailer inspection after adding reflective tape, two front side amber reflectors and a tag light. Got tags last Thursday so Saturday I hauled the tractor to clear some of the land I own which is about a 65 mile round trip. Had no trouble with the rig or the 27 yr old truck that pulled it.
                            I don't know if long hauling an M37 with this trailer would be a good idea, works OK with the tractor but it only weighs about 2 tons as shown. Next I'll load the M and see how it looks and hauls then decide if it's safe for regular use with that much weight.

Other pix here: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...81936829rFVjJM

Comment

Working...
                            X