An Interesting Remake..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Interesting Remake..

An obsessed captain. A reluctant crew. A hunt halfway around the world for a demonic white whale, and a deep blue goodby for all save one. Moby Dick on Starz/Encore (preview at http://www.starz.com/originals/mobyd...ying-on-encore ). A good recreation of 1800's whaling life.

Originally posted by maineSS View Post
    An obsessed captain. A reluctant crew. A hunt halfway around the world for a demonic white whale, and a deep blue goodby for all save one. Moby Dick on Starz/Encore (preview at www.starz.com/originals/mobydick#/now-playing-on-encore ). A good recreation of 1800's whaling life.
    I probably shouldn't admit this, but...... what is Starz/Encore?

I watched the trailer, it looks to be good.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
      I probably shouldn't admit this, but...... what is Starz/Encore?

I watched the trailer, it looks to be good.
      Movie channels that cost too much money.

Comment

It's also on DVD at Walmart. Melville's Moby Dick is thought to have been based on either "Mocha Dick" or "New Zealand Jack", who were among a number of whales with a bloody reputation for tearing up people stupid enough to chase them. At least three whaling ships were rammed and sunk by harpooned whales during the 1800's, the work was likely more dangerous than Alaskan King Crab fishing, and kept crews away fom home for years at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by maineSS View Post
          It's also on DVD at Walmart. Melville's Moby Dick is thought to have been based on either "Mocha Dick" or "New Zealand Jack", who were among a number of whales with a bloody reputation for tearing up people stupid enough to chase them. At least three whaling ships were rammed and sunk by harpooned whales during the 1800's, the work was likely more dangerous than Alaskan King Crab fishing, and kept crews away fom home for years at a time.
          .... And the young kids today think they have it tough....
          John

Comment

I am going to go buy it, as it looks pretty good.
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
            X