Under the weather, so to speak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under the weather, so to speak.

I was sick and dragging Saturday, had a fever Sunday, and went to the doctor yesterday. He said I had bronchitis and prescribed Levaquin for seven days. Today I coughed up some rust colored stuff that tasted like blood. I called the doctor; he requested a chest X-ray. I learned from him late today it indicated I have a touch of pneumonia, some lower left and some upper right.

He said he could put me in the hospital, but doesn't think it would accomplish anything more than what I am doing. He said if I had night sweats or difficulty catching my breath I should phone him.

So, no going to work tomorrow, either. When I first arrived at his office, he said, what are you doing here, you never get sick. That's true, I don't.

Be careful out there….
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Wow. Sounds like an unpleasant situation. Take care of yourself.

Comment

Gordon, don't mess around with that. Follow orders and take the meds. Hope it clears up quickly. We're here for you.

Comment

Wow, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. We're thinkin' about you.

Keep warm!

Comment

Ron said it best!
          Do as instructed. This can get real serous, real quick.
          Take Care
          TGP
          WDX & Misc. Pics.
          http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
          "47" Dodge WDX WW
          "52" Dodge M-37 WW
          "54" Willys M38A1
          "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
          "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
          "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
          "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
          "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
          "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Gordon, I can see you're taking it seriously, and that's good. Pneumonia was a pretty constant threat while I was on steroids especially after surgery when I couldn't cough properly.
            So mind what they tell you and get well . We won't do well without you to inspire us each month.

Comment

I just woke up from sleep, coughing. I was not sure I was going to be able to cough enough to get it all sorted out. Lying down was not working. I am finally OK, I believe, sitting up. This wears you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                I just woke up from sleep, coughing. I was not sure I was going to be able to cough enough to get it all sorted out. Lying down was not working. I am finally OK, I believe, sitting up. This wears you out.
                I found a recliner was the best venue for working through that particular aspect . Keep yourself at a 45 deg. incline . Lying down seems to exacerbate the problem. You'll need to keep this up for a couple days after your symptoms disappear.

Comment

Gordon,

The wife and I will keep you in our prayers. Speedy recovery.

Bob H.

Comment

Gordon,
                    I had a bout of bronchitis that turned into pneumonia 3 years ago. I ended up in the hospital for three days. I was really thankful for meds like levaquin, or I would probably be pushing up daisies now.
                    As the others say follow the docs advice to the letter; do not stop taking the meds before the plan says to, even if you feel better. Also rest up as much as possible.
                    My illness was the first time I had been in the hospital since I was born, so it was humbling.
                    Now, I get a flu shot every year as well as the pneumonia shot every 10 years.
                    Get well.

Comment

hoping as this is posted, that you are feeling better.
                      pneumonia is a bad deal, had it 3 times, the last time I wasn't
                      sure if I would make it or not, went to the Dr's for the first time in 20 years.
                      As was posted above, we need you here every month
                      Tom

Comment

I am on my fourth day of a Z-pack, as they call it, a regimen of a particular antibiotic. I am feeling pretty good, though not 100 percent. Still some cough, and still some wheezing while lying down.

I have never had this and don't want it ever again!

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it very much.

Thanks to all who weighed in on this.

Comment

"Z" Pack's

Z packs don't work for me, if you haven't done a lot of antibiotics, they should work for you. I'm on the dreaded amoxicillin as I type, walking pneumonia is what I am down with. I hope we feel better Gordon!

Comment

I hope both of you guys are feeling better
                            and wish you a speedy recovery. You'll
                            need your strength for Xmas and New
                            Years.
                            John

Comment

Thanks John, I hope Gordon is feelin' as good as I am?
                              Merry Christmas,

Comment

Working...
                              X