• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of some snow/ice drivers

http://wimp.com/drivecarefully/

I found this on RCC

Suposedly somewhere in Utah. Jan 2012

First 2 minutes kinda boring, but action really picks up.

Bucky

Thanks for that link.
    This has to be the warmest winter on the books for Western NY.
    Every day this week highs above 32°F
    Tomorrow 43° and rain.
    No such action around my neighborhood.

Comment

It was 74 in middle Georgia today. Take that, Utah.

Comment

So far no snow/ice here either. Only had freezing temps maybe 30 nights this season, failed to get above 32 only ONCE so far. Nice boring Winter!!

Bucky

Comment

It loooks like most of the drivers are hitting their brakes when they feel their vehicle start to slide instead of steering their way out. There was one that threaded the needle at speed- he obviously didn't panic.

Snow usually isn't as slippery as that unless it's really wet and slushy- you can hydroplane a lot easier on slush than water.

Comment

That could have been here. When I was a kid and it got bad there would be tire chains and studs and you'd only go when and where you needed. Now they drive regardless and fly because its a 4x4 not realizing you still have to stop the dang thing.

Winter driving doesn't scare me. The other winter drivers scare me...
            1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
            1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
            1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
            2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

When my drivers license was new to me, my friends and I looked forward to slick roads to hone our driving skills. Back then, by mid December the snow banks on the sides of the road were taller that our cars and provided a soft barrier to bounce of of when things got out of hand. The thrill of sliding upwards of 5000 pounds of rear wheel drive Imperial about the street was more fun that an amusement park in June. Now they call it drifting and do it in cars that would just about fit under the trunk lid of my old 77 Chrysler Imperial.

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
                Winter driving doesn't scare me. The other winter drivers scare me...
                That's how I feel. Luckily haven't had to deal with it this season.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumJo View Post
                  Thanks for that link.
                  This has to be the warmest winter on the books for Western NY.
                  Every day this week highs above 32°F
                  Tomorrow 43° and rain.
                  No such action around my neighborhood.
                  A high pressure ridge over Utah has everything messed up. However it's keeping the winter storms longer in Alaska and points North. -50 today in Fairbanks, record snowfall in Alaska, the glaciers are growing again.

Comment

Working...
                  X