surprising find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surprising find

Yesterday I spent some time searching for an item that was my fathers and had been tucked away when I moved to my present home. When I moved, I purchased several large plastic containers for storage. I haven't located the item that I was looking for yet but did find my collection of Tee shirts from the power wagon rallys dating from the very first rally up through the 15th. year. To my surprise-I was amazed to notice that the first 2 years my shirt size was medium! How could this have been? What has happened?? I remember coming back from that first rally and wearing that Tee shirt all of the time. What fun it was to see these shirts once more and think about the memories.

Regards, Bill Garland

Originally posted by Bill Garland View Post
    Yesterday I spent some time searching for an item that was my fathers and had been tucked away when I moved to my present home. When I moved, I purchased several large plastic containers for storage. I haven't located the item that I was looking for yet but did find my collection of Tee shirts from the power wagon rallys dating from the very first rally up through the 15th. year. To my surprise-I was amazed to notice that the first 2 years my shirt size was medium! How could this have been? What has happened?? I remember coming back from that first rally and wearing that Tee shirt all of the time. What fun it was to see these shirts once more and think about the memories.

Regards, Bill Garland
    Hey Bill, good to hear from you!

I am in the same boat. All of my Tee shirts from the first 5 or so Rallys are meduim size. Now I buy extra large. I can't wear the old ones anymore.

I think it was a conspiracy of some kind. Those meduim shirts must have been grossly oversized at the time and the material was some exotic blend of cottom that keeps shrinking over the years. Yeah, that has to be it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

surprising find

Clint, I wish I had the room to display all of those shirts on the wall in my basement rec. room. The only problem would be the dust that they would collect.

I did complete a rather large display of all my fathers WWII navy items. I purchased several large shadow boxes to display his uniform, induction and discharge papers, photo's and countless other items that he brought back. This stuff is priceless to me and I find myself sitting on my favorite chair in my rec. room gazing at the collection quite often.

I also have some great photo's of your 47 and also of you and Marti from June 1987.

Bill

Comment

Hey Bill,

Good to hear from you, are you coming to the 25th rally?

Frank

Comment

surprising find

Hey Frank, Good hearing from you too. It looks as though our big trip this year might be to Wyoming in Sept. My wife changed jobs this year and it looks like she will have to work the summer months for those on vacation that have been there longer.

Got some home projects coming up which should take some time too. Will think of ya all.

Bill

Comment

Wyoming? Hmmmm....

C.D.
            1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
            1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
            2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
            1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
            1954 Ford 860 tractor
            1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
            UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

I have several boxes of my old T-shirts that seem to be too small. There must be some national trend we are observing.
              Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Pants seem to shrink too, at least the waist. But lenghts increase.

Bucky

Comment

I am thinking this may be a low-land phenomenon...there seems to be less of this occurance at higher elevations. :-)

C.D.
                  1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                  1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                  2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
                  1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
                  1954 Ford 860 tractor
                  1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
                  UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Originally posted by Cheyenne Dave View Post
                    I am thinking this may be a low-land phenomenon...there seems to be less of this occurance at higher elevations. :-)

C.D.
                    I blame it on gravity. The closer you are to the earth's core the greater the force. My chest used to be 6" higher now it is at my waist. I guess you could call it a pirate's dream (sunken chest) LOL.

Frank

Comment

Pardon the pun, but it seems to be a problem of increasing proportions.

Comment

Working...
                      X