Distinct HONOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distinct HONOR

Most of the forum regulars are already aware that Kevin Mienke has plans to relocate to North Carolina. He, his wife, and son, Colt are in town this weekend in search of a new home and property. They blessed us with their presence at our Church service this morning, where I was able to shake his hand for the first time. I learned in just a couple of minutes that these are great folks. I am very glad for the opportunity to have met them, and hope they are lead into our area in finding their new home. That is selfish of me though, and they will follow God's guidance in their search I'm sure. Where ever that is will be the right choice for them. We enjoyed a great service together and some good conversation before and afterwards. Amazing how things just click sometimes with folks who have never met; I and other Church folks felt that connection. They plan to visit the shop on Monday morning, really looking forward to that.

I'm sure the Iowan's that know them realize the loss from their community, while it will be a definite NC gain. Welcome to NC Kevin and family. Looking forward to many more good times to come.

Charles I too have met Kevin at the Iowa rally and you are right on about him and his family. They would be an asset to any community. I wish them well and God's guidance in finding a new home. I'm sure you will show them all the hospitality in the world during their visit.

Comment

I'm sure the Iowan's that know them realize the loss from their community

Already realized. :(
      1949 B-1 PW
      1950 B-2 PW
      1965 WM300
      1968 D200 camper special (W200 conversion)
      1970 Challenger RT 383
      1987 Ramcharger 4x4
      1991.5 W250 diesel
      1999 Jeep Cherokee limited 4x4
      2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Comment

We got our feet back on the ground in Des Moines today and by the time we got here, I felt glad to have landed, because our pilot did a great job of lowering our expectations.

Just before we left Charlotte, he announced that it was “unlikely we would have a good flight.” Then he said something about upper level winds and the likelihood of funnel clouds forming. He finished with, “but, we will give it a go anyway.”

The pilot’s pre-flight speech was something I could have done without. I didn’t necessarily want to “give it a go” if there was a good chance of being sucked into a funnel cloud. I didn’t want to vanish in a cyclone only days after hearing fiddle music in church for the first time.

But we’re on the ground now, back in our little suburb, and feeling better than ever. I guess that’s the beauty of having low expectations…even the suburbs seem good.

Anyway, it was a real pleasure to meet you and your wife, and a real pleasure to lean against a truck and talk for a couple hours. When a guy takes time to do that, it reminds him of all the good things in life. I can’t thank you enough for your hospitality. You really made us feel welcome.

By the way, we made a deal on the property we talked about…the 2½-acre property at Stone Mountain. If all goes as expected, we should be settled in NC sometime in early June or late May. I look forward to more fiddle music in church and more leaning against cars.

Thanks again for your fine hospitality.

Comment

Great News!!

Glad to hear the deal went well for you. Definitely looking forward to more time spent.

Several at Church asked about you this morning; I'll surely pass the word along that you have found a place in our area; and that you will be returning soon.

Give our best to the family, see you soon.

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mienke View Post

Just before we left Charlotte, he announced that it was “unlikely we would have a good flight.” Then he said something about upper level winds and the likelihood of funnel clouds forming. He finished with, “but, we will give it a go anyway.”
            Kinda reminds me of the Southwest flight I took out of California where the captain comes on and cheerily announces "The first half of our flight is going to be REALLY smooth!"

About half way into Kansas the stewardesses summarily scooped up everybody's drinks, scurried to the back of the plane, and strapped on their five point harnesses.

YOu can guess the rest...

Comment

Working...
            X