In His Footsteps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In His Footsteps

I'm not sure if this post violates the rule about not posting about religion or not. If it does, I apologize and understand if it gets yanked. Either way, I felt like the good people of this forum would be interested to know about this.

This fall, my friend Henry Jackson and I are planning what is sure to be an amazing soul searching trip to Israel to thru-hike the Jesus Trail. The trail is a 40 mile trek from Nazareth to Capernaum. It follows the footsteps of Jesus as he walked it 2000 years ago. We plan to return and share our photography, stories, and the experience of the trail with churches through youth groups and general congregations. The link below is a blog that is highlighting our planning and sponsor progress.

http://jesustrailexpedition.blogspot.com/

Check it out!

Have a safe memorable trip, sounds like a once in a lifetime experience.

Comment

Wow.

We wish you well on your trip...

Comment

I hope you enjoy your trip. It is a wonderful area with a great deal of history to investigate.
        Do be careful though, and aquaint yoursef with the most recent travel advisories . Also there are many gestures and practices that we take for granted here that are considered offensive in the middle east. With Muslims , Coptics and the various Jewish sects it can be a tight-rope walk to avoid trouble. If you have a good guide they will clue you in as to the most egregious acts that can land you in hot water.
        Just in case, take a look at this link.

http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/army/arabculture.pdf

Comment

Intriguing. Blessings to you on your trip!

It has me wondering: for a man who frequented the wilderness, and a man who was not averse to taking the hard and unfrequented path . . . what kind of Power Wagon would Jesus have driven? I mean, seriously, 4:89 OR 5:83? WC or Power Giant or something in-between? He was a simple man, so I am personally thinking along the lines of something with just one windshield wiper. And maybe something with a soft top so the effects of the raging storm could still be felt. Christianity professes that he was "true man" so there can be no question that he would have been seen in a Dodge, but how would he have fine-tuned his selection?

Perhaps your venture will inspire you to offer a future Holy Land adventure: In His Tracks.

Have fun. Be safe.
          John

Comment

Wc53

Given that He was a carpenter, I'd say He'd have driven a carryall or a townwagon to keep his tools and hardware out of the elements...

Comment

LOL to the above.
              Israel has been on My mind a lot here lately,I too would like to go to their country and visit,especially the trail You speak of.
              Have a safe and wonderfull journey.

Comment

Good fortune to you and your friend. May it be an auspicious trek for the both of you. Perhaps you will find the soul that you are searching for.

Comment

I for 1 look forward to your follow up with great anticipation. Please keep us in the loop on the happenings both before and after the trip.

Comment

Far be it for me to deter you from what will be a life time event, but Bob is correct and there is the little matter of the pending Israeli attack upon Iran's nuclear facility within the next 120 days.
                    Be safe and be aware.

Comment

40 mile walk

you both will no doubt be richer men for having done this. Go in His peace!

Comment

Working...
                      X